ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 02-17-2012   #111
Pete

Default Re: Exhaust for max performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottZ95ZR1 View Post
My experience with B&B has always been good. I bought a system for my '95 from them, and later bought their X-pipe to replace the resonator. It took just one phone call and there was no begging required to get their X-pipe from them as a registered customer. Their X-pipe in 2009 cost me $325, so their pricing was in line with SW. But I have no doubt you are right in that I'd probably have to pay a pretty penny for a replacement muffler from them.
Well your the first i've heard.
So far score is.
1 Good
50 Bad
I stoped counting after 50.

Scott didn't you help them with something?

Me and half the FBI crew called at different time wanting parts for our B&B's i wanted X-pipe no go,another called wanting just 1 muffler no go, another called for just a pipe we were all told we had to buy a complete system.

Pete
'91 #1635 PoloGreen 350 LT5
11.09 @ 129.27
11.04 @ 128.86
474RWHP 400RWTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFNFOhGGlR4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRIOMwaDYY
https://sites.google.com/site/peteszr1garage
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012   #112
ScottZ95ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Well your the first i've heard.
So far score is.
1 Good
50 Bad
I stoped counting after 50.

Scott didn't you help them with something?

Me and half the FBI crew called at different time wanting parts for our B&B's i wanted X-pipe no go,another called wanting just 1 muffler no go, another called for just a pipe we were all told we had to buy a complete system.

Pete
Point taken Pete, and I don't know why they didn't support you and the others you mentioned.

The only thing I've done with B&B is buy their system and mail in the registration card I received with it.
I've had no other dealings with them besides 3 or 4 phone calls over the last 2 years inquiring as to the progress of the C4 Fusion.
I can only speak of my personal experience with them... which has been fantastic, and hopefully that will continue!
ScottZ95ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012   #113
USAFPILOT

They were easy to deal with when I bought my catback last year which included the x-pipe. I don't think I mailed back any registration.
1994 #293 ZR-1 Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, B&B catback w/ X-Pipe, 18" Shelby Series One Wheels, SLP CAI.
USAFPILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012   #114
1990 quasar blue

I figured maybe the lt1 style tips for those vt's I posted earlier. I didn't realize that they only flowed half as much. I wonder how much the reduction in flow would hurt those of us running cats?
1990 ZR1 #2574
Medium Quasar Blue Metallic
1 of 19
1990 quasar blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012   #115
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottZ95ZR1 View Post
Point taken Pete, and I don't know why they didn't support you and the others you mentioned.

The only thing I've done with B&B is buy their system and mail in the registration card I received with it.
I've had no other dealings with them besides 3 or 4 phone calls over the last 2 years inquiring as to the progress of the C4 Fusion.
I can only speak of my personal experience with them... which has been fantastic, and hopefully that will continue!
They don't provide any support if you're the 2nd or third owner of the system. They want to sell new, complete systems and not promote mix and match. Shortsighted IMO, but that's their strategy.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012   #116
Pete

Dom,that didn't make a differance Bob & Al bought new they would not sell X-pipe to Bob and or a pipe,they would not sell muffler to Al.

Scott,i'm glad to hear you have good support/experience with them i hope it stays like that after the ink dries on your check.
or
Maybe they learned from previous mistakes.

It would really suck if you backed up into a tall parking block and ruined a muffler and they don't sell you one.

Pete
'91 #1635 PoloGreen 350 LT5
11.09 @ 129.27
11.04 @ 128.86
474RWHP 400RWTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFNFOhGGlR4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRIOMwaDYY
https://sites.google.com/site/peteszr1garage
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012   #117
ScottZ95ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
It would really suck if you backed up into a tall parking block and ruined a muffler and they don't sell you one.

Pete
DAMN Pete. I may never put the car in reverse again!
ScottZ95ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012   #118
HAWAIIZR-1

Here is my 2 pennies worth:

I think as said by Dom and Pete that the Z06/NPP tips are the way to go if one is not in a rush and will eventually come across a deal for less than $300. Most of the folks want the take off system since they have C6s. If I could come across a set that is damaged like Dom mentioned, but tips okay that would be a good deal. A supercharger/turbo speed shop that Rick referred me to in NJ has people buying the takeoffs for Z06/NPP before they are even off the car. Another Corvette Recycler wants almost $800 for those mufflers from wrecked cars. I'll check around for some wrecked C6s with NPP around here but probably slim to nil. No doubt a nice custom exhaust for the buck and expecially for someone that has not already invested into a system and still stock.

My experience with B&B was not terrible, but I am an original customer and it was not that they would not sell to me, they wanted $200 for shipping via FEDEX only to Japan. At least SW was able to work with me and ship via USPS priority mail for $45. The only reason I went with SW X pipe versus Summit was because I can do it myself with the direct replacement for my B&B resonator and no welding involved.

As for double walled tips, I am "exhausted" searching pardon my pun. I have so far come up with Pypes 4" that is reasonable through an Ebay seller for about $40 a pair and all the others are quite pricey at least $40 to $50 each minimum. The problem is I don't really want a name brand tip that does not match the system like putting Magnaflow or Corsa tips on Dynomax Ultra-flos, etc. I don't know why I'm like that but I don't want it to look like I have that brand of exhaust when I have B&B pipes, SW X pipe, Dynomax mufflers and XX brand tips. At least Z06 tips have no brand name and they are just plain "Cool" with the flappers too. Dynomax has a doublewalled tip in 4", but it is way long it seems at 12" and the rest are single wall or wrong size. SW has some of the nicest, high quality tips, but will have to pay an arm and a leg. I highly doubt they will budge on anything from my experience with them as far as price break or group buy, but it would be worth a try. Speaking of Pypes, they have a Race Pro mufflers that sounds kind of like of the Dynomax Ultra flos but don't want to take a chance on them; they are a little cheaper, claim very high flow (3" in, dual 2 1/2" out) and there are good reviews on them so far and a bunch of the LS1, etc. guys like them. They only compare them to Flowmasters so it confirms that FMs suck and most have replaced them.

Okay, that was way over 2 pennies worth so I'll shut up now as Tom would say.

Craig
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

Last edited by HAWAIIZR-1; 02-17-2012 at 04:56 PM.
HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012   #119
1990 quasar blue

Craig, I remember a previous thread where you were having emissions issues. Are you running cats?
1990 ZR1 #2574
Medium Quasar Blue Metallic
1 of 19
1990 quasar blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012   #120
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 quasar blue View Post
Craig, I remember a previous thread where you were having emissions issues. Are you running cats?
Yes, still having the emissions issues for Japan's standards. Right now I have stock exhaust manifolds/cats on with air pump and all.

My SW headers are sitting on the side with new X pipe waiting to be installed once I complete trying to pass emissions. I still have 3" B&B triflo system with gen 3 mufflers from after the cats with resonator. Thanks for your thoughts and concerns.
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote