ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-25-2009   #101
rhipsher

Default Re: parting out 90 with 179 miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8nflorida View Post
Maybe I'm odd and illogical
No. Your not. I have allot more respect for somebody who takes a 40 year old true classic down to the frame for a rotisserie restoration than somebody who just buys one in already pristine condition that enters it in a show. They didn't have to do any of the work themselves. When I go to autorama or any car show and I see a beautifully restored car with mirrors all up underneath it to display the whole undercarriage and everything is wide open to see "nothing to hide" I know somebody or a group of people busted their azz to get it that way. I don't see how an only 20 year old car is old enough to need that. As neat as our cars are they are still in the beginning of the "(plastic gromit lego snap everything together age)" cars. Where as the early cars were almost all sheet metal and are prone to rust. My 68 stang has very little plastic on it. All sheet metal. Even the dash. So it's more labor intensive to cut rusted sheet metal out and welding new in than to just pop out plastic panels and snap new ones back in. And that might be why some of the NCRS guys are arrogant about involving a fairly new car in the company of 40 year old cars or older. Just my take.
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009   #102
Z51JEFF

Quote:
Honestly, You can meet jerks anywhere. The NCRS shouldn't act that way but I know of one judge on CF that is a NCRS judge who constantly bashes C4's.
This wouldnt happen to be the guy with the 58 and the black 69 Coupe would it?This guy is your typical Older Corvette owner,total prick POS.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #103
xlr8nflorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
This wouldnt happen to be the guy with the 58 and the black 69 Coupe would it?This guy is your typical Older Corvette owner,total prick POS.

I believe that is him, I think the 58 is his avatar.
xlr8nflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #104
Z51JEFF

Quote:
I believe that is him, I think the 58 is his avatar.
This guy is a HATEFUL prick,the only reason he posts anything in the C4 section is to just stir up $hit.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote