ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-24-2010   #81
bdw18_123

Default Re: Honestly would you rather have a z06?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhipsher View Post
I don't know a damn thing about a Testarossa. But it's so pretty (as Mohammed Ali use to say. In his case I'm so pretty. I guess when I get one I'll have to join a Ferarri forum and learn right. Even though the Z06 has everything you could want and if I had to choose between the two I'd always go for the exotic. Even when I take the Z to coffee and cars where there are way more exotic cars than my ZR-1 is such as the Ferarri's and Lambos even they sit up and take notice. And with my window down I always hear somebody say "Wow! A ZR-1. I park it. Pop the hood and walk into Star Bucks for a quad shot expresso and by the time I make my way back to the car the Ferarri and Lambo guy's are huttled around the Z looking it over and asking me all kinds of questions about it. Most of the Ferarri and Lambo guys are older gentlemen and remember when it first came out. And in the back of my mind I'm thinking why would these guys even care about this C4 ZR-1 when their cars are way more exotic and cost $200k-$400k? But for some reason they do.
Stories like this are one of the reasons I love the C4 ZR-1. Shows that it is really a special car if people that own $400K cars are impressed by/interested in a $15K-30K, 20 year old American car.

"ZR-1 CORVETTE - MARATHON CHAMPION OF THE CENTURY
by Robin Jenkins
Last Update: 10/24/2004

... Consider that the 175-180 mph speed range easily achieved by even the early, 375 hp, ZR-1 is comparable to current race averages in today's NASCAR events, where much lighter cars use the same size engine as the Corvette (5.7 liters or 350 cubic inches). Recall how many of those highly modified, NASCAR engines fail after less than 500 miles, and then ponder how the Corvette's LT-5 engine ran at the very same speeds for the equivalent of TEN Daytona 500s -- BACK-TO-BACK! That's a level of durability unprecedented in the automotive industry, a feat which has yet to be equaled by any production car, anywhere.
..."

That is an awesome article, thanks for posting that WB9MCW!

Simply astounding facts to wrap your brain around! Just amazing that the LT5's we have in our Z's right now could potentially go out and do that kind of endurance run right now (as long as they are running correctly, lol)! After I read things like that, it's sometimes hard to for me to believe that I have one of those cars sitting in my garage right now!

The C4 ZR-1 is a special car with an awesome Brotherhood to go along with it, which is why I will probably always have a ZR-1.

And I haven't even driven the thing yet!!

1990 Corvette ZR-1 [/B][I]
White/Flame Red, #2299, mostly stock, 144K miles.[/I]
-Cams timed to the '93-'95 405HP LT5 stock timing.
-IAT sensor relocated to below front bumper.
-Haibeck hoops installed in airduct.
-OBX cat-back exhaust.
[COLOR=DarkRed][B](SOLD - December 2012 [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=DarkRed][B]:hello:)[/B][/COLOR]

1993 Corvette Coupe
Black/Black, 6-speed
(SOLD - October 2009 :hello:)

Last edited by bdw18_123; 04-24-2010 at 11:19 PM.
bdw18_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #82
Z51JEFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I loved my ZR-1, and I really like my Z06.
Someday, I will have another ZR-1.
But for now, maybe some of you guys who are considering a Z06 just need a picture or two to help you make a decision.

Your going to have to try a little harder than that.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #83
Z51JEFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhipsher View Post
I totally agree with Ryan. I test drove a 2008 atomic orange 505 Z06. It was faster but not by a hell of a whole lot. It was a brand new car compared to my 90 Z. I loved the navigation system in it. It was much easier to get in and out of because of the seats. I expected it to be so much faster than my Z that I was afraid it would tarnish my image of my Z. That wasn't the case though. Besides the only reason I'd even buy another corvette would be if it was another Zr-1 or a big block classic vette. Otherwise this is going to be the next toy I pursue.
Ferrari Testarossa 512TR. I think this would look great parked next to the Z in my garage.

Id take a Tr in Black but my favorite Ferrari is in the back ground,246 Dino.YES ITS A FERRARI DAMMIT!
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010   #84
phrogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
Id take a Tr in Black but my favorite Ferrari is in the back ground,246 Dino.YES ITS A FERRARI DAMMIT!

Not to long ago the dinos were pretty cheap now they are insaine! should have bought one when I had the chance.
phrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010   #85
rudolph schenker

I have driven a C6 Zo6, it's a great car. It will probably be the next car I buy. But the Z stays, it's part of the family.

My supercharged 04 coupe sounds meaner and is faster the any stock C6 Zo6! And the top comes off too!

1994 ZR-1 Admiral blue/beige #67
rudolph schenker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010   #86
flyin ryan

Wink Re: Honestly would you rather have a z06?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudolph schenker View Post
I have driven a C6 Zo6, it's a great car. It will probably be the next car I buy. But the Z stays, it's part of the family.
Cool