ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1/ZR1 Corvette Shows & Events

Old 06-23-2008   #1
LGAFF

Default Barrington Cruise

We should try and do this show at least once this year. Last year went 2X, and saw some very rare cars.....how often can you go to a small show and see 3 Ferrari Boxers, gallardo, 360s, etc. Not to mention, 3 Zs.
Cruise Nights: May 29 – August 28: Every Thursday night beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Join friends and neighbors in the Harris Bank parking lot on South Cook Street to see classic cars, enjoy local food and ice cream and listen to music. Bob Roig, our emcee, will provide the entertainment and fun giveaways. Different cars will be featured each week with prizes awarded to the winners. Help us to make our fifth year the best yet! agarrette@barrington-il.gov or 847-304-3479

LGAFF
92 ZR1
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008   #2
djpatrick35

Default Re: Barrington Cruise

Really? Ferraris in BARRINGTON?! Imagine that!!!

That actually sounds like a lot of fun. I might check that out sometime.
[B]1990 Black ZR-1 #2212[/B] Totaled... :(
[B]2007 Z51 'vert :mrgreen:[/B]
[B]1988 35th Ann. Edition #962[/B] (Sold...) :cry:
djpatrick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008   #3
LGAFF

Went to the cruise, alittle light due to the holiday but here is the short list of some cars that were there...

Ferrari Boxer
Ferrari 360
Detamaso Pantera
Several Porsche 911s......three in the street on our way out of the parking lot.
2 Vipers
Porsche 356(several)
Aston Martin DB9
twin turbo Delorean
GT40 replicar...nice probably superformance
AMX
Several Chrysler Hemis
MGAs/3000 Healeys, etc

....and a kick *** ZR-1 with Dymags

Will post a few pics later.

LGAFF
92 ZR1

Last edited by LGAFF; 07-04-2008 at 12:33 AM.
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008   #4
-=Jeff=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGAFF

....and a kick *** ZR-1 with Dymags
So who brought the ZR-1???

1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008   #5
WB9MCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpatrick35
Really? Ferraris in BARRINGTON?! Imagine that!!!

That actually sounds like a lot of fun. I might check that out sometime.

Ferraris, Lambo's and Porch Monkeys in Barrington --- oh My!!!

Barrington High Class of 76' -- All my old Classmates!!!

I think I'll stick to Murphys Pub Cruise in in McHenry on Sat. Nite!

Not so many exotics but real "gearheads" instead - and most of em really did the wrenching on their own rides!

Friday Nite Richmond has an event -- And Ingleside and Lake Zurich both have Sat - nite events as well.

Been to all of em even the old Crystal Lake Vette nIte on Thurs. (skipped the Drag Races at Blarny's Isle that date) ---

The only one besides "Borringtown" I have not been to is the Cary Cruise in.

Sorry LG my nose won't stick in that up position long enough to stand Borringtown - That is the reason I never go to any HS reunions -- too much BS and lookie at mee I am so great regal attitude with the SNOBS in that town for my likings.

I will always prefer the company of those who turn their own wrench vs the guy with the big $ who only turns the key -- tis why I dropped from the Sunburst Vette Club --- Retired Gray Hairs who buy new vettes with the warranty and adding an accessory is "wrench turning" in their opinion.

Give me instead the Guy who chops his ride and builds hiz own motor and maybe pays for a paint job on his real 'Hot Rod" any day over the "trailer and garage queen" it is an investment crowd.

Besides "SNOBS" tend not to be into "Vette Babes" either!!! More likely they would have a photo of their daughter and friend in Bikinis washing their "Porch Monkey" ride and think that is so great -- with copy in wallet to show off to friends. LOLOL

-- REAL MEN -- REAL RIDES -

http://www.kroozerscarclub.com

You guys might not see me at the Drag's much with the ZR-1 and I do admit my Z is mostly stock -- But that is because my main "hot rod engine" is my 635 HP blower motor in my boat and my main gig is offshore boating. And only my best friend (Big Mike) an I work on our own motors in our boats -- Here is Big Mike's latest rig --- the fastest v-hull in the world -- 171+ MPH

IN HIZ DRIVEWAY LAUNCH RAMP ON THE FOX RIVER -- special kevlar/epoxy construction 42' hull...

MIKE LIVES SOUTH OF ME ON THE RIVER - I AM NORTH OF 120 BRIDGE - HE IS BY THE MILLER ROAD BRIDGE

BIG M GETTING THE MOTORS READY TO HOIST INTO THE CANOPY 42' RACEBOAT

THE OLD BOAT -- WE SPENT UNTOLD HOURS WORKING ON THESE THREE SC 871 BLOWER MOTORS OVER A FIVE YEAR PERIOD 85 MPH FLYBY VID >>> http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...10118218642464

NOW YOU SEE WHY YOU NEVER SEE ME AT ZR-1 EVENTS --- TOO BUSY WORKING ON THESE OFFSHORE BOATS WITH BIG MIKE -- MY BEST FRIEND AND THE BEST DAMN MECHANIC I HAVE EVER KNOW --- BUY THE WAY HE OWNS A 98 ALL BLACK VETTE TOO AND IS A SUPER MOPAR NUT AND HAS OWNED JUST ABOUT EVERY MOPAR THERE WAS --

HIZ LAST MOPAR HE SOLD VIDEOS OF IT >> http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...64686084917760
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...68471775373997
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...89660848026858

WE WOULD GO OUT SAT NITE HUNTING ON "WAX PATROL" WITH THIS 9 SECOND BEAST -- WE NEVER LOST -- MANY A PUNK GOT TORE UP BY THE LEMON MOPAR BEAST -- SURE MISS THAT CAR IT WAS FUN WAXING THE VETTES AND PORCH MONKIES AND ANY THING ELSE TO DARE TO RACE THE CHALLENGER -- FULL TUBS AND PLEXI WINDOWS AND ROLL CAGE - BARELY LEGAL -- COPS WERE ALWAYS PULLIN US OVER IN IT!!!

HE SOLD MOST OF EM ALL SO HE COULD FUND THE BOAT HOBBY -- YOU DON'T EVEN WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH HE HAS INVESTED IN THIS LATEST MONSTER!!!

HIZ GOAL IS TO BREAK REGGIE FOUNTAINS 171 mph RECORD. THAT IS WHY HE BOUGHT THIS BOAT OFF OF REGGIE THIS YEAR AND NOW IS THE OWNER AND DRIVER. I THINK HE IS NUTZ AND NO I DO NOT RACE WITH HIM AND LEAVE THAT TO OTHERS -- THE OLD BLACK BOAT @110 MPH WAS FAST ENOUGH FOR ME --- I GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC IN THOSE CANOPY BOATS AND CONSIDER THEM "DAVEY JONES LOCKERS" I AM CONTENT JUST WRENCHING ON THEM AND WATCHING HIM RACE EM. SO I LIVE TO PLAY WITH MY OWN TOYS -- I REALLY HOPE BIG M DOES NOT KILL HIMSELF IN THIS NEW RIDE---I AM TRULY WORRIED ABOUT THIS INDEED -- SO IS HIS WIFE!!!

LINK TO HIS WEBSITE >>> http://www.killerspeedzone.com/
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by WB9MCW; 07-06-2008 at 09:34 AM.
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008   #6
-=Jeff=-

Bryan....

Tell us how you REALLY FEEL...

LOL
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior