ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
conesare2seconds

Default MO: 1994-0125 FS red/red hi-miles, sorted

I'm near St Louis. Asking $17,000. Link to full photo album: https://adobe.ly/3y8ic4c

It's time for my 1994 Z to move to its next home to make room for a modified Z in the future. It has high miles at 180,800+ and cosmetic flaws but is very mechanically sorted for someone who would like a driver-quality or entry-level car they can use freely without the big initial spend to bring one up to scratch that has been sitting or deferred maintenance. It can be driven anywhere so fly and drive is an option v. trailering or shipping.

I bought it in 2016 with around 175k on it from the original family owners, a father and son in Texas. In addition to my own repairs, it's been to Marc Haibeck's three times for specialty services. It attended Bowling Green Gatherings twice, once from Little Rock via Birmingham and once from St Louis, accounting for the majority of miles under my ownership.

Why you?d like it: AC is ice cold, clutch has plenty of life left, idle quality is great, it's respectably clean in, out and under, doesn't leak oil or coolant, radio and CD work, all seat functions work including lumbar and side bolsters, no issues with headlight motors, no vacuum leaks, the radiator fins are clear so it runs cool. It has good oil pressure. The weatherstrips are either new (A-pillar) or in ok shape. An under-plenum service was performed. The paint shines; it looks great at a cruise or club event and looks good from a few feet. You can drive it to dinner or across several states with confidence.

Other service and repairs: starter, brake master cylinder, both clutch cylinders, throttle body rebuilt and coolant line bypassed, new hoses and serpentine belt, Hurst short throw shifter, braided oil cooler lines from Jerry's Gaskets, backup light switch, CDM replaced, rear hatch popper fixed, hood strut, oil pressure switch, re-fitted correct 1994 wiper arms, Haibeck BMCBG chip, Stop Tech slotted rotors, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads and braided stainless brake hoses. I got maybe the last new OE radio/AC bezel in the country a few years back and it is very nice. The shift plate is repro and was replaced due to sticky finish and wear on the original. The oil in the ZF6 was changed. Lots more little things and I?ll update as I think of anything significant.

Cosmetics and misc: I have a very critical eye, so when my notes start to make the car sound really roached out, take another look at the photos and remember it looks good going down the road. I have to remind myself, too.

The body has been painted above the waist molding and the front bumper. The removable roof panel finish isn?t impeccable, and a right rear fender repair is evident. The fender was cracked in a parking lot tap in the original owner?s time, and he repaired it and had the car painted. I had the fender refinished in 2016 because the repair was showing. It was great for some time but has begun to show again. I tried to photograph it and the camera can?t see it, but I can. There are stress cracks in the front bumper and lower hood, but no evidence the hood or bumper cover were ever hit. I believe the re-paint may have shrunk over time. The lower outer window sweeps also shrank with age and pulled away from the re-paint line. I touched it up and will provide new replacement sweeps, which may cover it.

The wheels could stand a re-finish. The tires are from 2016 so on the way to aging out. It has always been garaged under my ownership, so the tires aren?t obviously dried or cracking or noisy and hard. There was a glue spot on the dash from a radar detector mount. I touched it up and blended decently well. Single-top (painted) car since new.

There is a repaired chip in the windshield. It caused an area of delamination about the size of a half-dollar, out of the line of sight. From the driver?s seat the rear view mirror blocks it. There is little delamination otherwise.

The seat covers are leather with embroidered ZR-1 logo. They are softer than factory and there isn?t any manufacturer label that I could find. I put on correct OE repro covers/foam from Al Knoch on for a while but found them too firm. If you prefer the factory look, they?re available separately for a good price.

The exhaust is stock to just past the rear Y, where Flowmasters were welded on. The sound is great under power but there is strong resonance at interstate cruise speed. My workaround was just to stop at 5th as the exhaust is much quieter there. Anyway, 6th is kind of too tall with the factory gears and lugs the engine somewhat. I have a set of 94 mufflers you may have with the car if you wanted to take the Flowmasters off.

A SLP Claw air filter assembly is fitted. I lightly polished the finish on the cam covers and plenum years ago but it has dulled again. It needs another go at the moment and the finish darkened slightly after polishing, which is normal for the LT-5.

It is a great driving car with lots of little things tidied up in addition to the big ones. She?s mechanically healthy and will make a nice car to run and enjoy whenever you like.

Last edited by conesare2seconds; 1 Week Ago at 01:19 PM.
conesare2seconds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
BuckeyeRay

Default Re: MO: 1994-0125 FS red/red hi-miles, sorted

Hi - I'm too new here to PM you, but if you could text me at 740 nine seven one 1381 I'd love to discuss the car. Thanks!
BuckeyeRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
conesare2seconds

Default Re: MO: 1994-0125 FS red/red hi-miles, sorted

All PMs, emails and calls responded to.
conesare2seconds is offline   Reply With Quote