ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 02-02-2020   #1
Curtis

Default Groundhog day

To 99.99999 percent of the US is the day we look to see if a critter sees his shadow but for over a decade myself and the men that know Keith and Jason it’s always a dark dark shadow today. In my youth I wore a flight suit and called Ft Campbell home. Thing with army aviation you learn at a young age your buddies don’t always come in from missions and you don’t want to be the reason why... I’ve lost to many over the years from training accidents, shot at, shot down and blown out of the sky or simply blown up.....I’m not going to list all my friends and brothers I’ve lost from the 101st, 160th and 5th group over the years but Groundhog Day 2007 The United States Army and our country lost two Aviators one I never met but Keith was my test pilot, friend and the warrant officer that enjoyed getting me in trouble.... Die hard bow tie Chevelle gearhead and use to enjoy coming into my flight cage and telling me the beautiful things about owning a Chevrolet and how ford sucked while raiding my refrigerator. The pilot that still wanted to be a crew chief and bumming tools and always the guy that would stand in the freezing weather and help tie down aircraft and go to bat for us anytime the rain of brass rolled downhill.....

So this evening when the Stars and Stripes wave above the Super Bowl remember some can’t be with their families because our flag is waving from their final breath they took defending it...so raise your beer for my boys today....all of them

Read the article at the bottom of link ”337 over Baghdad“

https://www.iraqwarheroes.org/yoakum.htm

From the military times Keith received the dsc because they don’t hand out congressional’s to aviators.....

https://valor.militarytimes.com/hero/3671

Thanks for your time

and if you raised your right hand and said I will defend thanks and you understand

Last edited by Curtis; 02-02-2020 at 07:00 AM.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020   #2
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Default Re: Groundhog day

Will do as suggested.
( and will choose to think of this every February 2nd instead of the groundhog )

To all of you:

Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote