ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 08-13-2017   #131
Dynomite

Default Re: I need another option than Photo bucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.hafsmo View Post
Please keep in mind that the purpose of buying high-res screens, is to increase detail. Scaling low quality photos defies the whole point of the purchase. If however you are satisfied with the quality already being posted, no worries.
I am scaling photos that seem to be of adequate quality on High-Res screens already purchased for other reasons. Trying to figure out what Resolution and Text/App size to select on those High-Res Screens so these 800 pixel wide photos will appear like they do on my own screen

I found that if you go to 150% on your Text/App size using your 1920x1080 screen, the 800 pixel photo will appear about like it does on my own screen which is 1366x768 .....I think....maybe even try 200%

After going through Paint Resizing and then Uploading to Registry Albums and all this after downloading from previously uploaded Photobucket Photos.....it gets complicated.....just trying to figure out what to do about Photobucket issues the easiest way possible

Last edited by Dynomite; 08-13-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017   #132
Dynomite

Default I say.....use Forum Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
I used my free cox email photo store for years when they disabled the service for all users. So I went to Photobucket and 10 years ago it was great. Over the last three years it has been total crap with frames view difficultly loading etc. NOW Photobucket wants me to pay $399 per year to continue to be able to post pictures on "3rd party sites" that's any forum.

If the service was decent I might consider paying for a service however it is not and it is far from decent.

So I am migrating to something else. I need some recommendations folk even a reasonably priced store. too bad I cant host from my iCloud service I already pay for.
I am using Forum Albums (Registry and CF)......for ALL Photos.....and it is great

It took some work but I figured out some shortcuts and as of today I have converted ALL photos of the LT5 Modifications/Rebuild Tricks Thread

Also.......It just makes sense to use the Forum where you are posting photos to store photos and it is FREE.

Resizing Photos for Forum Posts and Creating Reference Links
Using Forum Photo Albums……Resizing photos

From CF Albums

From Registry Albums

Last edited by Dynomite; 12-26-2017 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-18-2017   #133
lfalzarano

Nice work!

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Old 01-20-2018   #134
G-Sting

On a P-51 Mustang forum I'm involved with, someone posted two possible ways to view old photobucket pics. They are two "add-ons" to either Google Chrome or Mazilla Firefox browsers. I use the later browser almost exclusively instead of Safari, etc.

Google Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...flicjjgj?hl=en

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ed-fix/?src=ss

Amazingly, it seems to work for me... but maybe others can check if it works for them.

Of course, I'm no longer using photobucket to upload pics (don't plan on getting a paid subscription)... and who knows how long these add-ons will work, but it's nice to see a lot more pics on ours and other forums again.
"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." -- G.K. Chesterton
G-Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018   #135
A1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sting View Post
On a P-51 Mustang forum I'm involved with, someone posted two possible ways to view old photobucket pics. They are two "add-ons" to either Google Chrome or Mazilla Firefox browsers. I use the later browser almost exclusively instead of Safari, etc.

Google Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...flicjjgj?hl=en

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ed-fix/?src=ss

Amazingly, it seems to work for me... but maybe others can check if it works for them.

Of course, I'm no longer using photobucket to upload pics (don't plan on getting a paid subscription)... and who knows how long these add-ons will work, but it's nice to see a lot more pics on ours and other forums again.
The Firefox one worked for me
90 ZR-1 #2562 Atomic-Z
ZR-1 Net Registry Chairman of the Board
ZR-1 Net Registry Treasurer
A1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018   #136
Ccmano

Wow.. interesting most pictures are now viewable again. Not all but most. I loaded the Chrome version.
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
Ported Intake, Degreed Cams, OBX Headers & Exhaust, Fidanza FW, Secondary Delete, Custom tune, C6 GS Wheels. Sold
08 C6 Z51 Crystal Red Metallic Sold Vararam Intake, Tune, Sold
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
90'ZR-1 #1723 Black/Gray Sold but not forgotten
91' Z51 L98 White Vert. My First, you always remember your first. Sold.
Ccmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018   #137
G-Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccmano View Post
Wow.. interesting most pictures are now viewable again. Not all but most. I loaded the Chrome version.
Quote:
A1990: The Firefox one worked for me
Thanks for checking, gents. It's nice to see pics again, instead of the dreaded PB-no-see box. ...on other forums as well. Kind of an amazing work-around.

I suppose we'll see how long it lasts... but will enjoy it in the meantime!
"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." -- G.K. Chesterton
G-Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018   #138
WVZR-1

I use the Vivaldi browser which is a CHROME 'variant' and the extension by "jesse" - it's worked well for quite some time. I believe the one in the link was what I had intermittent success with but 'not always' so I was reluctant to pass it on.

Whichever browser you use searching "photobucket" in the EXTENSION STORE should get you a few.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018   #139
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB93Z View Post
I have begun the process of moving the location of all the images I have on the Forum to my own website server. I have over 3000 Forum images currently hosted by PhotoBucket. This will take a long time to do because it requires getting the original image from my home computers, resizing every image, and loading them to my website server. After a batch is on the server, I can edit each post of mine that has photos.

Here is a sample of the size I chose. How does it look on your screen?

Jim
Jim.....Did you get it all squared away.....this issue has come up again with Lee's Threads some of which have lots of photos.

Myself.......I have placed some 1500 photos in Registry and Corvette Forum Albums. I am all set using Forum Albums from Now On.
I have still to go through -Solutions- as many of those linked Posts have "Xs" rather than photos. I have not deleted any links not having photos yet as the "fixes" seem to work at least temporarily and some are not realizing this is serious but like you and I are "fixing" the situation ourselves involving our own posts.

Several of the guys are using "fixes" to view Photobucket Photos on the Registry but I am not sure how long the "fixes" will function.

Also.....this issue of loosing photos is not so unusual as some posts have lost their photos simply because the Post author has deleted Photobucket. There are other reasons for loosing photos in posts also.

I have decided using Forum Albums is the most secure way to address the Photobucket issue since the Photos in Forum Albums should be around as long as the Forums.

I copied my threads (Before Photobucket messed with us) having lots of photos to my laptop which seems to work great. I can at least identify the photos in each Post when Photobucket DID/does their tricks with the "Xs" or more recently on CF the Photobucket photos showed up as ATTACHnumberATTACH but no photo.

Which ATTACHnumberATTACH Trick leads me to believe Photobucket is not done with "TRICKS" which "fixes" may not keep up with. I was a Paying Member on Photobucket with Paid For Extra Storage which Photobucket gave us to the End of 2018 I think. This is aside from the more recent Photobucket concept of using ATTACHnumberATTACH with no Photo on CF which took more time to identify the photo using Forum Albums as my fix. Lucky I had ALL Threads Copied to my Laptop with the correct photos.

Last edited by Dynomite; 03-02-2018 at 11:08 AM.