ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 05-03-2017   #51
Roadster

Default Re: Further idle diagnosis....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
When you completely stop the vehicle, how long will the high idle 900-1000 stay? Forever? a few minutes? a few seconds?
When first started and slightly warmed up, the first 2 or 3 complete stops are at "normal idle". Then after putting a slight or heavier load on the engine, the future complete stops would be at the high idle. And it would stay there forever, unless I turned the engine off and then did a restart, it would come back down to "normal". But on the very next complete stop it would once again be at high idle.

Now, as mentioned before this was after the first plenum pull. So apparently something was disturbed causing this issue.
As mentioned in my other thread, going to go over everything, install new plenum gaskets.
And also learned that the primary blade is not to be completely closed and that no "dag" was used on that blade.

Also brought to my attention that the lines I mentioned in the other thread concerning the connector are EVAP lines.
So maybe there was a loose connection in the one that came out real easy. I don't know, but hopefully will get all of this resolved.

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote