ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 05-26-2014   #11
-=Jeff=-

Default Re: VETuner

I will answer these the best I can:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
First here, out of curiosity, is the 3-D in the screenshot an LT5? If so, stock Memory & Calibration module?
That Screen shot shows crap data.. don't pay attention to the details of the 3D Img, That was not the intention of the Picture, more to show what it displays

Quote:

What parameters can be modified with this program? Could for instance, INJ pulsewidth be increased 2%, or 5% perhaps, for between 750 - 950 RPM's, or any other RPM range?
No, all this does is takes the MANUAL work of changing each VE (Volumetric Efficiency) Cell on the VE tables.. nothing more nothing less, I can vary the targeted BLM for VE. it then replaces the VE values in the BIN file

Quote:

If it DOES allow something like this, can the values changed by 'click and drag', in the 3-D graph?
I might look into the click an drag on the 3D graph but for now it does not do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike100 View Post
Yes please.

Is there real time data function? I'm chasing a small lean hesitation on a roll right now that I just patched with a little PE trim. That was not my first choice on how to fix that. I can kind of guess the Kpa with scanning, but that looks handy.
not this is not realtime

The original purpose of this program was to help tune the part throttle/closed loop VE tables on my 89 Corvette when I converted it to a MAP System.

The way it works is you use your choice of datalogger, go and drive your car and record the data. then get the BIN file from the current PROM, configure this program for your datalogger, and load you datalogger file and BIN file.

The program then searches the datalog extracts info, averages the BLM info, adjusts the proper cell and then will create a new BIN for you to burn in your MEMCAL and try again. Instead of taking hours to fine tune the VE tables this moves much faster

I then added functionality for the LT5 bin, the picture here has stuff even Dominic has not seen or tested yet. I will get this version to him and work to add more function to it.. Dom had a few suggestions for this I don't have implemented. I do this program when time allows so progress is quite slow
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014   #12
XfireZ51

Mike,

U should try a bit more AE not PE. Especially at low TPS% including 0. I usually add some there. The 0 and 5% cells. Don't forget, when u change VE, it automatically modifies the AE and other fueling subsystems.
Again, VETuner helps w the number crunching to come up w a better VE table.
Nothing else. No Spark, no AE, no PE, etc. Loads of params in the LT-5 calibration. But u need to understand what you're doing.
If you are really interested you can go to study at:
Thirdgen.org
Dynamicefi.com
Turbobuick.com
Pcmhacking.net
Moates.net
TunerPro.net

For those that want a copy of my Gathering presentation, let me know. Mark Horner also has a copy. Not sure if he was going to post it.

Jeff,

The click and drag can be done in TPRT, no reason to duplicate.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX

Last edited by XfireZ51; 05-26-2014 at 10:42 PM.
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014   #13
-=Jeff=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post

Jeff,

The click and drag can be done in TPRT, no reason to duplicate.
Right.. I forgot about that.. I do want to incorporate a few other things you mentioned in your email but I need to get a new App created with what I have first
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014   #14
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade

What parameters can be modified with this program? Could for instance, INJ pulsewidth be increased 2%, or 5% perhaps, for between 750 - 950 RPM's, or any other RPM range?

No, all this does is takes the MANUAL work of changing each VE (Volumetric Efficiency) Cell on the VE tables.. nothing more nothing less, I can vary the targeted BLM for VE. it then replaces the VE values in the BIN file

Got it there Jeff; thanks.

So INJ duty cycle cannot be modded; what about Lookup Values in the VE tables, FROM which INJ pulsewidth is DERIVED? Can LV's be changed?

Click and Drag I like, in TPro IV, but before I ante up for that, I am thinkin' keep $$ in Registry. But what does VETuner have that TPro IV does not?
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014   #15
XfireZ51

Quote:
Got it there Jeff; thanks.

So INJ duty cycle cannot be modded; what about Lookup Values in the VE tables, FROM which INJ pulsewidth is DERIVED? Can LV's be changed?

Click and Drag I like, in TPro IV, but before I ante up for that, I am thinkin' keep $$ in Registry. But what does VETuner have that TPro IV does not?
Chuck,

1. Injector Duty Cycle is altered by either using a different size injector or different fuel pressure. Not really of any concern on stock block LT-5s. Plenty of injector available.

2. VETuner modifies the values in the VE tables based on the calibration used and a datalog of that cal. VE % is one of the params used in calc for PW.

3. The LT-5 is a Speed Density motor, so there are no LV tables as used for MAF systems.

4. TPRT does not re-calc the VE tables. It is a bin editor although it can be used as a scan tool w the correct .adx and cable. Ask Jeff about that. OTOH, VETuner is not a bin editor.

5. A fully functioning copy of TPRT is FREE. It's $30 to register it and updates are included. IMO, it's important to support people like Mark Mansur, Craig Moates,
and even our own =Jeff=. They do incredible stuff for the tuning community.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014   #16
mike100

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Mike,

U should try a bit more AE not PE. Especially at low TPS% including 0. I usually add some there. The 0 and 5% cells. Don't forget, when u change VE, it automatically modifies the AE and other fueling subsystems.
Again, VETuner helps w the number crunching to come up w a better VE table.
Nothing else. No Spark, no AE, no PE, etc. Loads of params in the LT-5 calibration. But u need to understand what you're doing.
If you are really interested you can go to study at:
Thirdgen.org
Dynamicefi.com
Turbobuick.com
Pcmhacking.net
Moates.net
TunerPro.net

For those that want a copy of my Gathering presentation, let me know. Mark Horner also has a copy. Not sure if he was going to post it.

After going for a drive yesterday, it would seem I'm chasing a vacuum leak. It just happened to coincide with a chip swap so I blamed it on that by accident I think. (I already fixed the MAP hose btw).

anyhow, I may PM you back channel at some point after I return from a work trip on some things.

mike
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014   #17
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike100 View Post
After going for a drive yesterday, it would seem I'm chasing a vacuum leak. It just happened to coincide with a chip swap so I blamed it on that by accident I think. (I already fixed the MAP hose btw).

anyhow, I may PM you back channel at some point after I return from a work trip on some things.

mike
I bet you don't have a vac leak.

Maybe your tune is finer / better now, and it's just manifesting the tune problem that's common to all LT5's, that I discussed with Marc? The same problem I showed by manipulating throttle stop screw with DM plugged in here???
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote