ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 12-05-2013   #351
Schrade

Default Re: TOP END REFINISHING

Re-assembled, TB 2' bores cleaned (again), idling OL @ 750...

...awaiting CL.

PLEASE - let's bury this thread...

I KNOW that the Cruise lope was the vac leak at the under-plenum vac connector........

Only the hesitation was the original issue here...

Showing CL @ 138 coolant temp ??? Heat on 90'; heater fan pegged...

Still idling 750, 153', CL, should be lower with pump load for automatic tranny...

I bumped up the throttle; she wouldn't drop back down below 1,400.

^&%*

Shutdown; tried to work the throttle, it was stuck. Broke it free, fired it, and the went right up to 3-4krpm's. Shutdown. Binding somewhere here...

Pulled the accordion, and the primary is stuck open.

???

Closed the primary, and she's got a swing - 750 - 925. IAC readout '0'.

Thought the fouled secondaries might have been the answer, but apparently I DID blow TB re-assembly here...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 12-05-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #352
Schrade

I'm going to be a 'poser' for a while here...

I'm gonna' re-install the 'Ticket Stopper', since it idles perfect in that manner, do 100 miles or so, check everything out - Cruise, hesitation issue, then send the TB off to Marc for a re-work here...

SO far, everything else BEHIND the TB is perfect.

Any suggestions?
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 12-05-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 12-05-2013   #353
Franke

Send it to Marc for a first class rework. There is definitely something wrong with it. You didn't adjust the primary throttle plate so unless there is something mechanically wrong with the return mechanism (spring and linkage) it should close down to idle stop.
You did say in the previous post that there was some black gritty jam preventing the secondary's from closing all the way did you get that cleaned out? Did the TB work ok off the car as far as mechanical operation? No binding etc?
Franke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #354
Schrade

The 1' throttle binding was the TB coolant crossover tube that I routed over the A/C compressor. It had jumped a casting ridge on the comp. Fixed.

Prepping a road test with the 'Ticket Stopper', to confirm Cruise, and check the hesitation issue............

Old 12-05-2013   #355
Schrade

Spun up again, primary free from binding, spinning like a top - with the restrictor gasket.

Road test for the cruise lope, and check the hesitation...

EXCEPT FOR A FRESH PROBLEM - BLINKING A/C CONTROL.

Recycled battery power, started up, no flashing, then flashing, now it's steady again.

No SES in DIC, no DataMaster codes.

Would this store as a CCM 'H' code, for display in LED dash?

Anybody?

Last edited by Schrade; 12-05-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-05-2013   #356
Franke

Schrade, if you think you have a fault code check FSM page 1C1-2 diagnosis. Tells you how to check.
Old 12-06-2013   #357
Franke

Schrade, how did the road test come out on the primaries only? Hesitation gone @1.5% idle?
Old 12-06-2013   #358
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franke View Post
Schrade, how did the road test come out on the primaries only? Hesitation gone @1.5% idle?
What's up Franke...

I did a few laps around my neighborhood, then 16 miles round trip to get Safety Inspection - that's a go, no problem.

Hesitation, observable under light throttle, is NOT gone.

The same hesitation that's evident at LIGHT rpm increase from idle is (and was before) evident in Reverse, and in Drive. Under light throttle, it is (as was before), evident as it shifts, and begins rpm climb again.

I cannot accept a vacuum problem, or mechanical problem. It HAS TO be electrical, related to the auto controller module, and the circuit that's singing, as TPS BEGINS range of motion (the 'singer', is in the tranny). Tranny controller diagnostic shows no tranny controller codes. Tranny shifts perfectly, and responds to changes in setting as well.

Everything NOW, with the 'Primary Only' gasket in place, is the same as it was before the plenum pull, with secondaries operational (except for the dirt).

And the Cruise lope, although I didn't engage Cruise, I'm sure is still there, and I'm certain it's also related to the hesitation / TPS circuit.

Last edited by Schrade; 12-06-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-06-2013   #359
Franke

Did the HVAC issue go away?
Old 12-06-2013   #360
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franke View Post
Did the HVAC issue go away?
Yeah - had to be a fluke. Problems never 'go away' otherwise...

I'm gonna' get a vid of the singing TPS, and try to get feedback from TCI and RPM Transmissions.