ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 08-18-2011   #21
Hog

Default Re: Ron Fellows sucks as a driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
I have no idea how Ron Fellows would stack up against a NASCAR driver and frankly I could care less.What Id like to know is how the hell did he get G.M. to name a car after him?I had NEVER heard of Ron Fellows until The RF Z06 came out and I bought my first Corvette 25 years ago and have been reading Corvette magazines at least ever since.Oh,as far as his driving skills go he should at least be able to beat Jr.
If you've never heard of Ron Fellows, your reading the wrong magazines.

peace
Hog
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011   #22
Kevin

Quote:
I have no idea how Ron Fellows would stack up against a NASCAR driver and frankly I could care less.What Id like to know is how the hell did he get G.M. to name a car after him?I had NEVER heard of Ron Fellows until The RF Z06 came out and I bought my first Corvette 25 years ago and have been reading Corvette magazines at least ever since.Oh,as far as his driving skills go he should at least be able to beat Jr.
you didn't hear of him when they were battling the team orca vipers in the early C5.r days?
Old 08-18-2011   #23
Kevin

the drivers door off the c5.r car that Jr. balled up is up for auction tomorrow
Old 08-19-2011   #24
Z51JEFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
you didn't hear of him when they were battling the team orca vipers in the early C5.r days?
Nope.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011   #25
Kevin

Quote:
Nope.
man that was some amazing racing
Old 08-19-2011   #26
cvette98pacecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGolf View Post
I'm a NASCAR fan and prejudice. But you put Fellows on a track with Driver's that really want to win and it aren't worried about the "TEAM" car he get's his butt kicked. And a road course which he specializes and teaches on. From '95 to '10 as a "ringer" driver his average finish is 25.8. I know these cars don't have relief drivers, all the push buttons on the steering wheel, and luxcuries that he is used to and are heavy. And the other drivers may not know of his reputation.
I have never heard of any of the drivers that he race with, I don't follow them. The only great driver I have ever know they had was Dale Earnhardt. Even Boris Said has won a race in NASCAR.
Can he out drive me, yes. But for some money I would do some rubbing. He has done a great deal to advance and promote Corvettes that I will give him, but as a driver in Corvettes it has been with co-drivers. But Hall of Fame as a driver? I'll get off my soap box now.

And he is Canadian. (Sorry)
I am going to say this as simple as possible. "He is without a doubt one of the best drivers period. It is a shame that Dale Earnhardt died. Two weeks prior to his death he was making the transition from NASCAR to ALMS, it would have been nice to see what he could have done. As for Dale Jr. he gave Corvette a shot he wrecked the car making a right turn and started on fire.
If you still think Ron Fellows cant drive try to find footage from the 2006 24 hours of Le Mans when Ron Fellows was making up 36 seconds every lap on the DB9 that was leading, The french Officials yellow flagged the last 2 hours of the race so the Corvette that he was driving didn't win.
There is a reason that he was always the anchor driver "He can flat out drive".

Next you are going to tell us that Richard Petty, Bobby Allison, Big Daddy Don Garlits, John Force, cant drive for crap. There is a reason that they all won year after year, it is because they were the best drivers of their time.

http://www.racintoday.com/archives/1876

Last edited by cvette98pacecar; 08-19-2011 at 03:08 AM.
cvette98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote