ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2019   #10
secondchance

Default Re: Serious Concerns Over Parts Availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJL View Post
Update: I still have not found a solution to the code 43 (Knock sensor). I just started to actively put the issue to bed. The sensor harness volts checked out OK and the resistance to block is also OK. Marc H. has been nice enough to assist with trouble shooting this. One possibility is after the car reaches running temp and is moving, the ECM runs a self diagnostic by generating a knock to check the knock sensor is functioning. It is possible this knock is not being picked up be the sensor and the fault code results. The code is generated when the coolant reaches about 200F like clock work. I have an ALDLdroid data scanner and it confirmed there was no increase in knock count when the code was generated but the engine was retarded by 7 degrees once the check engine light appears sooooo…… I have a knock sensor on order from Jerry and Marc is researching the issue to see if there are any programable options.
Torque spec for knock sensor I believe is 14 lb-ft. Check the manual to be sure.
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote