ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2017   #12
Regimof

Default Re: Your first memories of a Vette.

I couldn't have been more than 10 or 11.

My parents had vettes before me but had since ridded themselves of them for more family sensible vehicles, i.e, a Chevy Sprint and a Dodge.... something. (These were dark times) I remember dad looking dozens of them trying to find the "right" one and he ended up with a black 85 with atrocious gold aftermarket rims. He showed me so much on car care and keeping it clean with that car. It didn't stay around long because randomly one day a teal green 91 convertible showed up in the garage. That was really exciting because at that time it was the current iteration of the Corvette body style, so even though it was a few years old, everyone thought it was new. I never corrected them.

From there came the ZR1. It took a lot of convincing and it actually ended being my mom who pulled the trigger. (This was mainly because she thought automatic convertibles were ridiculous and for posers) This ended up being the last car she ever bought before she took her life. She loved this car. Pretty sure that's why I fought so hard to keep it around and why I get so obsessed with getting it running right.

There's been Camaros and other vettes since, but none of them have what this one does as far as driving pleasure. Not even close.

Last edited by Regimof; 08-25-2017 at 12:00 AM.
Regimof is offline   Reply With Quote