ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2017   #11
Racinfan83

Default Re: Makes no sense to sell...

What I don't get is how a 1990 bimmer beemer whatever - that is roached except for the cheap paint job - is worth $42k? For a 4 banger? 290k+ miles? REALLY? And I bet parts for those are two or three times higher then even Z parts.. People are crazy.. There are BMW's all over craigslist for under $10k and I wouldn't buy one if my life depended on it...
I'm still ahead $ on my Z - but that's because I got a great deal on it (for those who don't know I traded a 71 Nova SS for it) and I haven't spent thousands on mods. I don't have time to drive it much so miles are still at 21k. It shows well - I've won class in 7 of 9 shows. I can get it out and have a 10 mile blast of fun and put it back away. I would love for it to be worth more - yes - but if it was I probably still wouldn't sell. Some Vette owners are financially able to just wheel and deal and buy/sell whatever they want - but some, like me, have less liquid assets then what their Vette is worth. So for now mine sits in the garage waiting for the opportunity to go terrorize the freeway once in awhile or get to go to a show. I'm not really worried about if it's worth $17k or $25k. If I have to sell it I will get what I get. I hope I don't have to. But this is a fact: if this site were to go away the value would decrease on all our Z's. Where else can we go to diagnose and repair issues - and find hard to find parts? This site is what helps us all maintain our cars...
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote