ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 Members' Rides

Old 08-04-2015   #1
KPW

Default My 1991 #1438

Hi All,

Newbie here...been lurking around trying to soak up all I can about these cars (what a wealth of information!!), figured I could at least throw some pictures up here!

Two short weeks ago I brought home my first "fun" car. (First manual trans outside of testing vehicles at work too...) 1991 ZR-1 with 33k miles. Overall it's in pretty good shape, though it's not NCRS-worthy by any stretch (which is fine by me, I bought it to drive it anyway!)

I'm the 4th owner, and it didn't come with an abundance of paperwork, so the story on the car is fairly hazy to me. Looks like at some point it might have been a race "project" (Roll/Harness bar...looks to be bolted in?) But besides the Bar, Cat-Back Exhaust (Flowmaster?),Hurst Shifter and CAGS disable, seems to be fairly stock performance-wise. It's an absolute blast to drive. I'll probably pull the roll bar out (would be nice to be able to stow the top from time to time).

In 2005 the Radio/CD Player was replaced with a Pioneer NAV system, which is kind of neat. I might upgrade at some point, though it works just fine so that's a low priority item.

Seems like I might be dealing with original Fuel Injectors...idle seems OK when I start it in the morning, but then when I get closer to work it's noticeably rougher. I'll probably check resistance on them, but I'm imagining they'll need replacing sooner or later. From what I've read, that job seems pretty manageable?

Anyway, thought I'd post while I had a minute. Absolutely enjoying this car!

-Kelby

KPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015   #2
We Gone

Default Re: My 1991 #1438

Congrats & welcome to the Brotherhood of ZR-1 owners. Maybe someone will recognize the car and have some background on it. Definitely Flowmaster's

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015   #3
G-Sting

Welcome! Enjoy the ZR!

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." -- G.K. Chesterton
G-Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015   #4
WB9MCW

Welcome to the ZOO and the brotherhood of the beast --- KOTH
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote