ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-28-2008   #1
key_on

Default 4 Post Lifts

Anyone out there using the Direct Lift Pro Park 4 post lift? I'm in the market and am looking for opinions, good or bad, on this lift.
key_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #2
flyin ryan

Default Re: 4 Post Lifts

that's what i have. they seem good, no issues. an uncle of mine has a double park, i think that's what it's called, has had it for must be five or six years now & his as well as a couple others i've seen are ssooo similar there isn't much too choose. i picked mine up in early December & the guy was saying something about the locks? he wasn't real clear but once i got it up i realized the locks are internal on the post's where most i've ever seen of this style are just welded lugs on the outside of the post's. cleaner looking for sure. i am led to believe this is the way most industrial lift's are set-up. you can see some pictures under the members rides WARNING thread. not the greatest pics but o.k.
Old 02-28-2008   #3
flyin ryan

also if you have the option get aluminum ramps, it's the only way to go
Old 02-28-2008   #4
key_on

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin ryan
also if you have the option get aluminum ramps, it's the only way to go
Thanks for the feedback. I've heard good things about these lifts. There are so many to choose from, it gets confusing trying to determine what is important. I'm going to contact a distributor tomorrow to get some more detailed info about the manufacturer.

How was the set-up. Can two people do it?
Old 02-28-2008   #5
flyin ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by key_on
Thanks for the feedback. I've heard good things about these lifts. There are so many to choose from, it gets confusing trying to determine what is important. I'm going to contact a distributor tomorrow to get some more detailed info about the manufacturer.

How was the set-up. Can two people do it?
ya, the lift's are good. pretty straight forward, no fluff. two people can do it but the guy(s), i had one help with one lift & another guy on the second lift, felt it the next day LOL. it's not to bad except for the one ramp/platform that has the cylinder/ram under it, f***-me that things heavy . i can take a couple better pictures if you want to look at something specifically or if you have any other questions it's realitivly fresh in my mind so feel free to ask .
Old 02-29-2008   #6
key_on

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin ryan
ya, the lift's are good. pretty straight forward, no fluff. two people can do it but the guy(s), i had one help with one lift & another guy on the second lift, felt it the next day LOL. it's not to bad except for the one ramp/platform that has the cylinder/ram under it, f***-me that things heavy . i can take a couple better pictures if you want to look at something specifically or if you have any other questions it's realitivly fresh in my mind so feel free to ask .
Thanks for the offer for pictures. I think I have found someone locally who has one of these lifts that I can look at. If that falls through, I may take you up on the offer for some pictures.

Do you know where the lift is made? The website is not specific. Sounds like some are made in the US and some in China. From what I can see on the website, the quality looks good.
Old 03-01-2008   #7
flyin ryan

i would love to think they were made in the U.S. but i know mine made a boat ride to get to Canada. i have to say they are the best quality item i've ever seen from over there. my main thing was having a distributor only three hours away so i drove down & picked them up myself.
Old 03-01-2008   #8
Nick

I spent a lot of time researching lifts before I bought one in 2005. Personally, for safety sake, I like the "collar over post" design. Also, I preferred to source out an American made lift, using American, not Chinese steel, again, for quality/safety sake. I ended up with a 4 post lift that I ordered from America's Pride. It is made by Gemini lifts in Texas. Here are a couple of shots:

Good luck.
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #9
key_on

Nick,
Thanks for the info on the American Pride lift. I too would prefer to buy a lift made from American steel with American hardware. I've found it a bit difficult to determine the origin of materials used in some lifts. Several companies advertise that their manufacturing facility is ISO 9001 certified, but are rather elusive as to the source of their materials.

How high is the ceiling in your garage? Looks comparable to mine (9.5 feet).
Old 03-04-2008   #10
Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by key_on
How high is the ceiling in your garage? Looks comparable to mine (9.5 feet).
10 feet.
You also might take a look at the Backyard Buddy. If I were looking for another four post lift, I'd buy one of those. They're spendy, but well worth the money in terms of quality and safety.
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote