ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-26-2020   #1
Corvette95

Default Hood adjustment - pro tips..advice

I posted this on the "forum" as well, Gordon Killebrew showed me some tips on adjust the hood, it was mainly hood to bumper alignment and latch pins adjustment. As you may be following me on my journey to bring this 90 I picked up back to better than new condition. I have got the interior out and have that handled, fixed dash that was lifting, new seat covers, new lumbar systems, etc. My next thing it to continue getting it ready for paint, I am pulling front and rear bumpers, rocker moldings, hatch and hood. I have pulled two hoods in the past and both were a PITA to align and honestly never got them where I though it was perfect. Does anyone have Gordon's Schools binders for 101,102, I have 103. I lost 101, and 102 and I am not sure that hood was in there. Does anyone have any good reference material to align hood? I think it all needs to go forward about 1/4 inch. The hood has been off before so it isn't right now. It has impact marks on the front of both doors, a lot due to closing hood with doors open (ugh) but there is light contact with doors open fully extended with hood closed (have adjusted that but still needs more) . I think the forward movement of the hood is done with the three hinge bolts on each side of hood hinge...right? Two on top and one on side by air filter? I am removing door glass for sure, but not year committed on removing doors completely. I am doing this right with no overspray. Tips and advice appreciated. Should I remove doors? Should I bother marking hinge location even though the fitment isn't right on now? Anyone want to by this 90 33k Z for $75,000 I have in it after this restorations?
1989 C4 Conv Wht/Red Auto SOLD
1996 C4 Conv Black/Tan Auto SOLD
1994 C4 Coupe Wht/Blk SOLD
1995 C4 ZR-1 White/Gry #278 Dual Dunn Head SOLD
1986 C4 Coupe Black/Red 4+3 SOLD
1990 C4 ZR-1 Red/Red #0454
Corvette95 is offline   Reply With Quote