ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 12-14-2003   #1
Anonymous

Default Radio repair

I would love to send my radio out in the next few days, just curious which of the listed co's you all have used and either been happy with or wouldn't use again...Thanks.Also have a bad amp, Driver's side rear, in process of calling Bose, is this my best bet and is it hard to replace (hmm don't remeber, but maybe this is explained on the sight already)Thanks Again
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003   #2
Anonymous

do a search on Dr. Don's I've had two bose units redone @ 162 and they worked great. quick turnaround too!!!For amps, I used a new set from Corvette Spec in Ga. worked well!!
Old 12-14-2003   #3
Anonymous

Z Factor

I posed this question in another section, but seeing as it is related to this thread I'll ask here as well.Other than keeping it stock, is there any reason not to upgrade from the Bose system? I mean everyone seems to have trouble with it, and for the price of replacing amps/Hu's that will no doubt go bad again, you can get a very nice sound system.
Old 12-14-2003   #4
Anonymous

Mine works great..adding the 100watt amps to the rear helps with bass.. most the time I would just as soon listen to WLT5 @ 6800+rpms...
Old 12-14-2003   #5
Anonymous

Z Factor

"I would just as soon listen to WLT5 @ 6800+rpms"LOL Wegone.Funny I enjoy that station as well.
Old 12-14-2003   #6
Anonymous

BTW, I sent the radio out to Doctor Dons and got it back!!! It's now back in the car, and is rocking my world almost as much as the G-force from the light right by my house!! They did a great/prompt job. Works perfect (ummm CD didn't work before I sent it). $162 for the whole job and that included the shipping!!!
Old 12-14-2003   #7
Anonymous

I used Factory Car Stereo (on main webpage), they also have instructions on how to remove/re-install your equipment. Good service and price. Quick turn around. Works great! WE B JAMMIN!!!!!!!93 White/Red