ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 04-24-2020   #1
chadmcghee

Default Code 24 Vehicle Speed Sensor

I'm looking for input on an issue that has me stumped. In November I purchased a 1 owner 1992 ZR-1 with 50,000 miles on it. Though the car is in really nice shape and obviously well taken care of, the owner had just passed away so i know little history. I was told the clutch had been replaced in the last 1,000 miles.

I have an intermittent code 24, Vehicle Speed sensor code that sets every time the car is driven. It will come and go, sometimes staying on longer than others. The speedometer seems to read exactly correct and always works, never going to zero etc. The Factory service manual indicates under the conditions I have that it's a short/fault in the wiring circuit/connection or a bad ecm. The wiring all "looks" good as far as I can see/trace it. As the 2 wires curve up around the transmission to the main wiring harness I can't get my hands on them but from a distance I can't observe any problems. I've cleaned the connections multiple times with contact cleaning spray and I first thought this made a difference, but I still get the code. As a last resort, I have even replaced the VSS itself, but no difference. Besides it being something wonky with the ECM, is there something else I'm missing??? Has anyone else encountered this????
chadmcghee is offline   Reply With Quote