ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-20-2013   #1
cvette98pacecar

Default Bull Run

IF anyone is interested in Bull Run I just received my invite.

Hi Robert.

The next Bullrun rally will be Montreal to New Orleans, June 1 to June 7th, 2013. The 10 year anniversary of the Bullrun Rally!

As with every year it'll be a lot of fun, amazing drives, celebrities and cars and expect at least 48 hours of partying when we finally hit New Orleans...

As it's the 10 year anniversary we're planning some special events, apparel, the whole nine yards... there's also going to be some old Bullrun champions returning to mark the anniversary...

When you're ready to proceed, we will need some very brief information on who you and your co-driver are and why you want to do Bullrun plus what car you will be driving.

In the USA - you can view our television series, 9 seasons starting with Season 8 on HULU at http://www.hulu.com/bullrun-new-york-to-las-vegas

What to expect from Bullrun? See the attached!

FAQ

What can I drive? You bring your own vehicle, a friends vehicle, your Dads vehicle... a loaner....it's up to you!

What should I drive? Any car that can get you through 3,000 miles in 7 days.

How many people in a car? Normally two, if you want to bring more we can work with that and there is a supplement we charge.

Rental cars? We can recommend exotic rental car companies we have partnerships with.

Support Vehicles? You can bring support vehicles and we can speak to regarding the specifics of this.

Sponsors? Yes you are allowed your own sponsors.

Foreign Entrants? You can enter Bullrun as a citizen of any country in the world.

Other Past Bullrunners? Ice T, Coco, Mario Andretti, Carl Lewis, Vanilla Ice, Rampage Jackson, Paris Hilton, Hayden Christensen, Jason Statham, Dennis Rodman, Kim Kardashian.....to name a few!

Under 21? We do allow entrants under the age of 21 years old.

What are the costs? Entry fee for driver and co-driver is $20,000. This covers all accommodation, meals, track events, parties, car graphics and rally apparel for the whole week of the rally.

Co-Drivers? If you are seeking to just be a potential co-driver for a registered entrant we do seek co-drivers, but this is much nearer the start of the rally 6-8 weeks out.

The Rules:

There are no rules (almost). Each day you will be handed a route card at the official start, you will have to navigate to the location on the route card. Once you're reached that location (normally a lunch or track event) you will have a break before receiving another route card directing you to the finish location for that day which you will also have to navigate your way to.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR=blue]G[/COLOR][COLOR=red]rand[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]S[/COLOR][COLOR=red]port[/COLOR] Registry Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime Member #2655
Pacecar Registry Member
[COLOR=red]ZOOM Charter Member - ZR-1 Owners of Michigan[/COLOR]
[COLOR=plum][I]ZR-1[/I] Registry member since 2012 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]1990 LPE "368" Aerobody ZR-1, Last ZR-1 built by John[/COLOR]
1991 Callaway Aerobody ZR-1, DRM 500
1991 Shinoda Aerobody Spyder,
1998 Pace Car
cvette98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013   #2
Daniel_Mc

Default Re: Bull Run

Robert,

Are you doing this? I'll meet you in NOLA!

Daniel
Daniel_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013   #3
cvette98pacecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_Mc View Post
Robert,

Are you doing this? I'll meet you in NOLA!

Daniel
I did this several years ago when the cost was around 8K
My brother paid for half and I paid for half. We were in top three spots for half of the event than drove threw a road runner (bird not car) at about 140 mph.
took out the condenser and radiator.
I would like to do it one more time in a ZR1 or a highly modified Z06
I was asked to drive as a co-driver four years ago. I passed it was some dumb azz rapper who thought he could drive. If I remember correctly he totaled the LP640 during a track event.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR=blue]G[/COLOR][COLOR=red]rand[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]S[/COLOR][COLOR=red]port[/COLOR] Registry Lifetime Member
Pacecar Registry Member
1998 Pace Car
Old 02-20-2013   #4
Daniel_Mc

Looks like the price has gone through the roof...
Daniel_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013   #5
LancePearson

Robert, sounds like the Cannonball Rally Ny to California a while back only more organized.

Is there an itinerary for the NCM may 15-19 Gathering yet published? I've looked on the NCM site and here and have missed it if it is published. Am attending and want to register when it's appropriate.

Thanks.
[COLOR=red][I]'91 ZR-1 #00682[/I][/COLOR]
Net Registry #1461
LancePearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013   #6
Blue Flame Restorations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_Mc View Post
Looks like the price has gone through the roof...

And to the moon!!!
1990 ZR-1 #444 Convertible
1990 ZR-1 Black #966
1991 ZR-1 Quazar Blue #296
1957 Duntov SS Project
Blue Flame Restorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013   #7
cvette98pacecar

When it was 4,000.00 a pop it was one of those things that did not need to be given much thought. I knew I had a co-driver that could drive almost as well as I could. Now, it is a joke for the uber wealthy. Which most of them cant drive let alone drive competitively.
There is a reason that you never see any real race car drivers anymore. I think Mario Andretti was the last five or six years ago.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pacecar Registry Member
1998 Pace Car
Old 02-20-2013   #8
cvette98pacecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancePearson View Post
Robert, sounds like the Cannonball Rally Ny to California a while back only more organized.

Is there an itinerary for the NCM may 15-19 Gathering yet published? I've looked on the NCM site and here and have missed it if it is published. Am attending and want to register when it's appropriate.

Thanks.
Lance, we have a board of directors meeting tonight to get everything finalized. There should be a post with the entire itinerary.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pacecar Registry Member
1998 Pace Car
Old 02-21-2013   #9
Fully Vetted

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvette98pacecar View Post

...itinerary.
There's the word I was looking for in my other post!

Show off...

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013   #10
LancePearson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
There's the word I was looking for in my other post!

Show off...
LOL, FV. One of us is an author with some published mystery novels...so, I know how to use Spell Check is all. I really hope there is a group ride of some sort as I can't do the pre ride. I am going to drive up to the Wazoo's event 4/6 in Carlisle, PA and go up about 50 miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway in Va. taking the longer back way and avoiding DC. they are at Miller of Carlisle Productions who does 17 car shows a year home and that morning one Z is getting it's plenum pulled and new injectors installed. I hope to take photos of that and want to see under SOMEONE else's plenum first, then an expert is going to demo how to wash and correctly polish our z with lunch at Millers then two hours to go through the Miller family car collection which goes back a ways with Corvettes and includes some historic ones. They had room for 30 people and when my trip to England got cancelled when Man. Uted changed the game date due to their successs in the Champion's league I was able to rsvp yes and they had a spot for me. There is a waiting list. Corvettes in Carlisle each summer is a big deal and these are the guys, Miller family and one other, who put it on. I'll go up the day before, be there the day then drive home the back way again the day after. I just go W. from metro Richmond until I hit the Blue Ridge Mountains then do about 50 miles up the Blue Ridge parkway along the spine overlooking the Shenandoah valley then skip over at Waynesboro, Va. to I 81 and zip up to Carlisle, Pa on the Interstate. I could do another 106 miles on the Skyline Drive but it's speed limit is only 35 mph and that's too slow for Z land. I'm really looking forward to the event and meeting and watching them work some of the legendary Wazoo guys. There will be a pro photog there to take Zr-1 photos for possible use in a Zr-1 calendar later perhaps. Should be plenty of Z's that day. I've offered to photograph the work on the Z on the injectors if someone wants to write up a technical narrative for the Heart of The Beast subsequent issues if it hasn't been done already. Dinner after the cars with whoever wants to eat together locally. I just got a Hampton Inn room for two nights. Cancelled all the England flights, hotel and ticket. The new date is one I can't make and it's not certain so i give up on international travel to see a soccer match.
[COLOR=red][I]'91 ZR-1 #00682[/I][/COLOR]
Net Registry #1461
LancePearson is offline   Reply With Quote