ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > Forum News

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2009   #1
Aurora40

Default Post deletes??

So I posted a question on why CF urls are stripped out from posts.

Anyway, I get a PM with the explanation that it will result in new people going to CF instead of posting here. I don't buy that, but ok apparently that's the reason. I can accept it.

But then I notice the whole thread is just gone. Not locked, but removed. And there was no mention of that in the initial PM I received.

I asked if I violated any forum rules or something without knowing it. Nope, but the topic had been discussed before, so it was removed. I don't see how it matters that different people once discussed it, but I'd think at least just lock it with that comment if you don't want it being discussed again.

Now I've gotten PMs from people saying they had replied to the thread. I never got to see them, so I don't know how many people it was nor what their opinion was.

I have to say, I find this sort of moderation to be surprising given the fairly small and friendly nature of the board here. Is this a common tactic here? Just wipe out stuff you don't agree with? Any non-Hadi folks ever had their threads removed for no clear reason?
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Old 12-12-2009   #2
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Default Re: Post deletes??

I saw your post as well and there wasn't anything "wrong" with it.... Makes no sense why it was deleted.

Also I have asked why no links to the CF and got the same explanation. Personally I think we should be able to link up posts and it would not take away from out Membership. I don't like to post up negatives about our site (I proudly heavily promote it to friends in person and post up links on the CF to OUR site) and think our site is well run! The use of this forum has grown tremendously in the past 3 years and many of our hard core guys have made this happen!!!!!

I hope we will reconsider deleting posts (sending PM's to people that get posts deleted) and allowing links to other Corvette websites.

Cheers

David

Last edited by ZZZZZR1; 12-12-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 12-12-2009   #3
QB93Z

I agree with you Bob. The CF link ban has bothered me for a long time. I got a similar PM when I asked about a year ago.

I am very surprised that your entire thread was deleted.

I would like to see a reply from someone on the Board of Directors of the ZR-1 Net Registry explaining if and why the link ban is in place.

Jim

1990 Black ZR-1 - sold
1993 Quasar Blue ZR-1
1994 Competition Yellow ZR-1
1995 Dark Purple ZR-1

Maryland State Coordinator
WAZOO Member
Old 12-12-2009   #4
Kevin

CF doesn't allow for other forum linking, last I was there which has been a while since I was banned. I see no reason to link to that site whatever the official reason is. hell I see no reason to even go there for ZR-1 related stuff, we've got the best of the best here. however deleting posts is something I'd like to see end
Old 12-12-2009   #5
flyin ryan

Waste of time going there anyways...I rarely go anymore.
Old 12-12-2009   #6
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
So I posted a question on why CF urls are stripped out from posts.

I have to say, I find this sort of moderation to be surprising given the fairly small and friendly nature of the board here.

I concur

Is this a common tactic here?

I do not think it is common or a tactic

Any non-Hadi folks ever had their threads removed for no clear reason?
I have seen a non-Hadi thread removed....so answer is yes
Old 12-12-2009   #7
GOLDCYLON

Was not me Bob
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
Old 12-13-2009   #8
Jeffvette

Bob, the issue at one point and time that people were not posting content here. They would rather cut and paste a url to CF and say get your info here. And well, people still sometimes do it.

The Z Registry is it's own living breathing entity and should be treated as such. We support our vehicles and the content should live here as well.

Old 12-13-2009   #9
WB9MCW

My Observations

There are many ZR-1 Forums
CF
DC
CAC
CV
EES
and until last year CF (Crossed Flags)

I have posted and am a member on them all.

ZR-1 Brotherhood is great no matter where you go and diversity is what makes the USA great and what it truly is.

After all the world would be a really boring place if we were all the same.

Now as far as CF goes. The mod's and rules there have resulted in many a PO and banned ZRONER.

One by one at at one point many came over here to hang out at the true home of the BEAST.

No reason that one should feel that they can't hang out in more than one forum -- remember the diversity comment --

But at the end of the day the true home of the beast is here and this has always been the goal of this forum -- To be the home base for the active ZR-1 owner where the largest concentration of the owners hang out and swap stories and mechanical knowledge about our pride and joy.

I think we have arrived. It has been a long journey since I joined and only a few were here in the early days.

As any group grows you always tend to see a bit of tension and and a problem arise every now and then. It is the nature of human interaction. Remember the famous quote "Why can't we all just get along"?

========

My Opinion

The Mods have done a great job here over the years. Must be that great pay they receive for their services.

The do not always explain their actions nor to they have to.

Hey I even have certain Vette Babe Photos deleted from time to time that I really can't figure out why or what the problem could have been.

But never fear I move on and don't bother with trivia of needing to know exactly why.

Sometimes in life things are not always fair or explained to us to our total satisfaction.

Take brother HADI for example -- he marches to a different beat of the drum for sure -- and that will always raise attention == some good (diversity) some bad (goofy guy what is up with that nut) but the HADI's of the world is what makes it go around and offers some balance -- a counterpoise if you will that keeps things exciting and not so boring and hum drum.

Enough of the opinion part.

++++++++++++++

We may or may not see the Mod's answer this specific question or offer an explanation for their actions.

By public explanation or in PM's.

It is their prerogative plain and simple.

Life moves on >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-13-2009   #10
tccrab

Bryan says it all right here:
Quote:
ZR-1 Brotherhood is great
<snip>
The Mods have done a great job here over the years.
<snip>
The do not always explain their actions nor to they have to.
<snip>
Sometimes in life things are not always fair or explained to us to our total satisfaction.
Nothing more needs said.

Long live the King Of The Hill and his followers.

TomC
"Crabs"
'90ZR1 #792
Honorary Pirate

[B]If it ain't FUN, you're doing something terribly WRONG.
[/B]

Last edited by tccrab; 12-13-2009 at 02:05 AM.
Closed Thread