View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018   #2
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Re: Serious Concerns Over Parts Availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJL View Post
After having some issues with trouble codes and researching possible causes, a troubling trend left me somewhat panic stricken. Relatively speaking our cars are not that old but it seems more and more replacement parts are simply no longer available. The few folks who we rely on for such parts are running out of their stock piles. What does this mean for the future of our ZR1's?

I never thought I would consider this but should I just sell them now while they are least running? (I own 2)

When I read one of the possible causes for code 43 is a failed ignition control module and oh BTW they are no longer available or the tail shaft for my transmission is no longer available not to mention the ECM, even the alternator, starter...heck it is even a challenge finding the right wiper blades that fit under the hood.....I am really begin to wonder. Are all the things that make this car so special also be its undoing?

Has anyone compiled a list of parts that are no longer available for our cars?
Well, that's what the REGISTRY is for! It's a network of ZR-1 nuts who can help each other with parts, or sources for them. When something gets scarce, many times various individuals (Jerry's Gaskets is but ONE example) come up with new sources. (Jerry is working on and nearly complete with a DIS module...just ONE example.

You're working yourself up needlessly!

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote