View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017   #229
70T/A400

Default Re: Daily driving a ZR-1

I am going to miss the updates to what I consider the best post on ZR-1.net. This post was the reason I want to get into ownership of a ZR-1. I am not interested in whether the cars appreciate in value, what the public thinks of the car or how history will treat this rare feat of engineering by General Motors.

We like to think that cars have human like qualities, that is why we like to find faults with them. And Mark, you found faults, you had good days and bad and when your ZR-1 needed maintenance and it got it, the car responded by being stronger.

Also, General Motors did not develop and test and develop and test so that these cars could sit in a garage or barn. They did so because they wanted them to be reliable drivers. Not every minute we spend behind the wheel is on a canyon road or road course but it is more real than being behind a screen. There is something tangible, real, and worth doing. In todays world that wants to automate driving, I know what I am going to do.

I am going to be behind the wheel of a General Motors product that doesn't have a 13" screen, is recording my every move to the insurance companies, and chirps every time I go over the speed limit. I am going to drive.

Thanks Mark.
70T/A400 is offline   Reply With Quote