View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014   #13
5ABI VT

Default Re: C4 Taking a Vote Bashing :( :( :(

I like to think of it as a poll of how many people have no taste in automotive design. The c4 is more timeless and unique than any other generation. Its sort of like the lotus Esprit. I saw one the other day and it looked stunning even today.. so many years after its time.

One of my funny moments was at a Porsche /Ferrari meet I was invited to I parked beside the only other vette there. It was a stock c6 z06. The owner was so butthurt that everyone was talking about my car and surrounding it... and when I popped the hood he got in his car.. and left. Not a single person even looked at his car beside mine. I had one older gentleman walk over who had a nice gt2.. and asked what I did to it to make it look so good. Everyone was listening.. all I said was 'wheels'. I think everyone expected more and I absolutely enjoyed it. It was a great feeling to see all those eyes looking the car over and realizing that the body on my car is completely stock. That's it.. just wheels on the outside. The styling spoke for itself.

Its just unfortunate that the c4 was born in an era where there wasn't much of an aftermarket or social media. The c4 zr-1 to me is perhaps one of the best bang for the buck cars and biggest secrets out there. ALmost everyone I talk to has no idea what it has under the hood or that there even was a c4 zr-1. Its also the victim of awful modifications to all the other c4s out there. Theyre cheap and falling apart due to age. In my opinion the bashing is perfect. I love it. Its exactly the reason many of us feel so special about the z. Because we know, and see through all the bad. If the C4 was more popular who knows our Zs could be selling for triple the amount and for many of us that means we wouldn't even have one right now.

I enjoy the hate. I enjoy the talk of parts unavailability. More for me
5ABI VT is offline   Reply With Quote