View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015   #53
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: Blackhawk Car's and Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
There is a couple that have a Ruby Z that the wife races, I've meet them at a few Corvette shows over the years. Cars shows and judging,ain't for me,too much politics and BS. Done it once, never again. I wanted to go with a 10 on the front and a 12 on the rear but everybody kept telling me it wouldn't work even though I knew it would but just to be safe I'm going with a 9.5-18 and a 11.5-19. I've seen the tires, the 275 compared to the 285 is a big jump in height. I think the 285 is too tall so the 275 it is. The rear is a 325-30. I can't wait to see this on the car. Years ago I saw a white car with silver BBS RS wheels and that look is what I'm after. We will see.
I think you are right about the Ruby Z and I think that is the photo I remember with her standing by it. I agree with you about the shows and sometimes the clubs are social clubs only. I have had my 10s and 12s ever since I got my Z in 2003 and never had an issue with any clearance or otherwise, but nothing wrong with the set up you have and I'm sure it will look bitchin. Seems like a little over 1/3 inch taller and wider for the 285 depending on tire brand, etc. so I understand what you mean. Man, if I could get a set of BBS RS I would do so. Way back then I begged BBS to make it again for our offset and no luck. Can't wait to see those HREs on your car. Almost thought about putting my black Dymag Gen II with red pin stripe on, but will run the CCWs for a little while. Seems like too much black, but will try them on later. Will definitely run them a Laguna Seca in May since they have the Nitto NT05s on them. See you in a few weeks; can't wait to meet the NorCal group.
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote