View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015   #7
mike100

Default Re: My fuel pump install Pics !! Fuel filter o2 Sensors DENSO !

I just did my pumps last Friday. I like the way you secured the sock on the rear most pump. I elected to just let them point out and fold as needed when you drop them into the fuel tray. One of them was just contacting the tray as it seated, but I put a mini probe light down the filler tube and it all looked ok. Anyhow it maintained 52 psi to redline and felt a tad better pulling in 2nd and 3rd gear. I think it will be less prone to pining when it gets hot out. I did the $19 rock auto pumps. There was no modification needed, but I put a couple of stainless hose clamps on the pump outlet connections and left the rest of the oem tubes and clamps alone. For the o-rings; I got a 10 pack of 3/16 or whatever size at home depot for $2 (you need 9).

The garage smelled like gas for about a day after, but after I cleaned all the rags I think it sealed up great as I also had to carefully/reluctantly reuse the fill tube gasket.

I kind of lost track, but I think the pump with the hand written part number inscription is the primary. I think mainly my secondary pump was getting weak. Can you verify which pump was which?
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote