View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013   #12
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: AC Vacuum Pump and Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
Craig.....After all you have done to your ZR1 yourself.....the A/C should be a cake walk

I made the mistake and I would expect others have done the same (maybe) moving the A/C compressor once too many times. I lift it and swing it over on top of drivers side wheel well when removing engine. What I should have done is tie those A/C lines going to the Evaporator down so they do not move breaking the fitting to the A/C Evaporator (right in front of the passenger side).

I have an A/C Vacuum pump from Harbor Freight, A drier from Ecklers, HVAC A/C Refrigeration Kit AC Manifold Gauge Set from Ebay, and some refrigerant. Maybe get some oil also. I will let you know how it goes

I really like working on the ZR1s and am getting very efficient at removing the windshield wiper motor, removing the A/C cover on the Evaporator, removing the Transmission, and lifting the LT5 out of the ZR1 (yep...with Headers attached)
You might be right and that is what I thought, but I admit I don't know diddly squat about air conditioning systems. I do have an article saved from one of the Corvette magazines that I thought would help. More research and I might be comfortable tackling the job. I just want it right and A/C is important to have in the summer months here and in Hawaii year round. Take care and best wishes with the repair.
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote