Thread: Targa storage
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013   #9
Gunny

Default Re: Targa storage

Hi Craig,

Yeah, I've missed seeing/visiting with you since you left Gordon. I don't have the slide brace, but I think I will "dry fit" the 3 fittings to the bare wall before I replace the paneling. I plan to mount the 2 fittings (behind the seats) so that the top slides down into those fittings with the button fitting at the top so that the top pushes in and locks into place. I'll either get a commercial cover or possibly get Kaye to stitch a soft fabric into a slip bag that slides over the whole thing.

Update on the property that you might not know about ... I had built another building behind our main house for the purpose of a workshop/garden house/utility storage. About 20 months ago I made a quick conversion of the building into an efficiency cottage and moved my mother (now 94) from Texas to live with us. She still has a little independence but can no longer drive so it's been a good solution for everyone. In addition Kaye found another piece of property in the mountains of north Georgia so we now have a mountain getaway nestled amongst some of the most fun roads on the east coast ... I'm less than an hour from the Smoky Mtns and about 1-1/4 hrs from the Dragon. We're really enjoying our time up there but maintenance on 2 properties that are 4 hours apart is a new challenge.

There's another thread about the 2013 BG pics and more ... the "more" was seven Z's running the mountain roads of the area for 3 days before going to BG for the gathering. Everyone came over to the house for coffee/dessert after the first day's run and I think everyone really enjoyed the mini-gathering. Check out the thread which gives some links to photos of our adventure (all the pics are on my website zrwon.com -- link on my post above)

How much longer will you be in Japan? Any idea where your next assignment will be?

George
Gunny is offline   Reply With Quote