View Single Post
Old 07-25-2022   #9
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Default Re: Ceramic coating DFW area

Comments on the Art of Automotive Detailing:

Having fibbed about my age at 14, I began working after school at a car wash.
Eventually, I became the "compound and wax" "expert"???

Since those humble beginnings, I have washed, polished, detailed, paint corrected and preserved or sealed literally every car I have ever owned, and those of many family and friends.

While I consider my skillset to be very good, it pales by comparison to my detailer at the dealership.

He has likely done well over 1,000 vehicles; Likely, way more.

I don't call myself a plumber because I can successfully replace a toilet flapper, nor a doctor because I can put a band aid on.

Nor would I call myself a paint correction and sealant professional after watching Jason do any of my cars.

While I do pretty well, watching him bring back the finish on any type of paint is simply watching an artist at work.
Some cars are finished in 4-6 hours while most take much more time, a few, a week or more.
However, when they are finished, I actually watch people stop and stare into the paint, as I often do myself.

I was a banker for 40 years, and became pretty good at it.
I smile when someone from another profession who read a couple of books and managed to make some money in a climbing stock market starts giving everyone at a gathering his advice while I quietly sit there.

My point.

My cars look pretty darn good.
I have used and own nearly EVERY detailing product dating back to SIMONIZ to Graphene / Ceramic, which take up shelving units in my basement until discarded. I have high speed buffers, D/A polish machines, enough towels to dry the inhabitants of a small city and more.
That said.

Jason's experience and skill trumps my best effort every time.

So while I still enjoy "playing" detailer, I know my limitations.

So when it has to be the best, I hand the key to Jason.
You also might consider doing likewise with your local experienced shop.
Or, if near New Jersey, bring your car to Jason at Conte's Corvettes!
Once done correctly by an expert, I then resume my "professional"? upkeep, which I still enjoy.

Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote