View Single Post
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6
ZBrink

Default Re: Battery fully charged but no crank

Nick, as I understand it, the Security light should flash and then go out if VATS is working correctly. If Security stays on solid, you have an issue with VATS.

"No crank" to me indicates something electrical. Are you engaging the clutch all of the way? Have you tried pumping the clutch a few times then trying to crank it? I'm told this sometimes this engages the clutch switch. Have you tried the "bypass clutch" remedy? This turned out not to be my issue but was all part of the remedies I tried.

At this point I would gather another person and something strong yet thin to poke through the plenum to tap the starter while someone else tries to start it. If no go (this did not work for my issues), I would then gather a few people and attempt to push start it. You have to get it up to like 6-7 mph, I recommend dropping the clutch in 3rd gear (worked better than 2nd for me). If you've never done this before, I can walk you through it over the phone. I had to get really good at it on my road trip, lol.

Let us know what happens after you try this and we can go from there!

Last edited by ZBrink; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:04 PM.
ZBrink is offline   Reply With Quote