View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018   #46
QB93Z

Default Re: Jim and Lyndi's 2018 ZR-1 Road Trip to Glacier NP, Western Canada and the Rocky M

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARP TEN View Post
Jim, out of curiosity, how many hours to you spend driving each day? I'm setting my trip for roughly 4 to 6-1/2 hours of driving each day but with far fewer stops that you seem able to accomplish. We will try to stop whenever we see something interesting. But as this is a 7 day trip we do have to get to destinations each night. Anyway, enjoy yours. Great to hear about it as you go.--Bob

Hi Bob, On this Road Trip, we have reduced our miles-per-day so we can see more sights and not get so tired. Between home and Glacier NP we did about 350-400 miles a day, which is 5.5 to 6 hours of driving each day.

We get up early and are very organized so that we are in the Z and rolling by 7:00 am. That way we can get to our destination by 2 pm and sight see when attractions are still open OR we can stop at intermediate attractions and spend 4 hours sight-seeing.

After we get to Victoria, BC we will drive about 200 miles a day to get even more time to look around.

I am sorry that we will miss you at Falling Water. We have talked about visiting there again. It is not too far from us.

Have a good trip,

Jim
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote