View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019   #2
cbaclawski

Default Re: Body panel alignment specs info

Quote:
Originally Posted by billschroeder5842 View Post
Does anyone have information on specs/measurements for body panel alignment?

I got the car back from the body shop after my accident about a month ago and I'm spending (too much) time measuring gaps, alignments...etc. The shop did a great job and I realize I'm being obsessive (yes, I'm in touch with my neurosis) but having everything as "perfect" at factory specs will help "exorcise" the repair demon.

I spent some time with the FSM and did not get anything other than "Align panels" and lots of information on torque specs. I'm mostly concerned with front valence to hood measurements

I know that gaps and alignments are not 100% but what is factory specs?

I can't answer your question, but as someone who has damaged the hood, front bumper cover, the underlying fiberglass, etc. and spent many many (many) hours getting it re aligned here is some unsolicited advice:

-If it looks close to perfect, don't mess with it. There are so many hard to get to bolts holding the cover on, each with a range of adjustment, and it's primarily aligned with removeable shims of varying widths. I guarantee if you play around with it you'll wish you didn't. It is virtually impossible to make minor adjustments, and any adjustment you do make affects everything else.

I'm a perfectionist too, eventually I had to recognize that it will never be 100% perfect, and probably never was to begin with, I just never paid attention before.

Then again, maybe you are more skilled than I am...
cbaclawski is offline   Reply With Quote