View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014   #15
Racinfan83

Default Re: Are these wheels wrong?

There weren't tires on the wheels when I got them done. I will go ask the guy if he's willing to work with me on them.
WVZR-1 - it has the vibration with these wheels - but the tires are the ones that failed the road force balance. I got some 500mph aluminum aircraft tape and put it in the center bores of the other wheels to tighten the fit and that helped some. I think I will have it aligned at some point before next summer - when I eyeball it it looks toed out and LR looks like more camber then RR. The overall vibration is better but still there. I ran the car pretty hard on some backroads yesterday, hard to tell between "road shake" and actual vibration. I had the top off for first time and was amazed by how much more flex and shake the car had when hitting bumps. Dont think I'll be doing that again. I have yet to get a set of known good wheels/tires and try them. I need to but that's one of those things I hate to ask of someone.
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote