View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014   #20
MikeSuke

Default Re: Hopefully not catastrophic failure?

you guys rock!! That WOULD be great!

This is also in line with what my local guy is telling me he'll test for - to determine if its the heads or the intake. I should hear back from him today/tomorrow. He's pretty good, I trust him to diagnose properly. He commented upon first seeing the car a while back "looks like a Lotus motor"! Now I wouldn't know how alike they look but... basically he said if its intake he could take it on, head gasket, probably not....

I'd feel comfortable letting him do the intake and I will surely share the advice given here, especially if it is ported, as I suspect.... probably safe to assume he'd do that properly? His response up front was "let me diagnose and we'll go from there"....

Another question, not knowing the age condition of the injectors, this sounds like a good time to replace them. Would that make sense if we are already in there?

thanks again to all for the wealth of info! I would love to meet up once this is all done and thank folks in person. I'll keep my eyes on the events page for gatherings. Thank you all!!!
MikeSuke is offline   Reply With Quote