View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018   #1
sljs3413

Default need help please!

just bought a 1990 zr1 and i was mislead but i wont get into that at the moment. car has 54k but i do know from my research its been sitting most of the past 8 years. the seller said it ran fine it just needed some cosmetics and he was told the injectors had been replaced but i'm not 100% sure. i unloaded the car from the shipper and it drove home 3 miles ran ok but it didn't run like a zr1 but it was driveable. i got it home and i noticed it was almost out of gas so i put some good gas in it 2 gallons along with a little seafoam. after i started it up it started running like crap, thought it may be the seafoam but the car wont even hardly move. it bogs down like it cant breathe, i figured ok it needs injectors and ill let it cool off for the night. this morning its doing the same thing put it in gear and it wants to die when you let of the clutch. could the seafoam have really made it do that? also i've noticed a loud hiss near the air filter area, it sounds like a vacuum leak but i've checked everything i could see. it could be the aftermarket intake making that noise im only use to the stock air cleaner.
any help would be appreciated for a new zr1 guy.

Last edited by sljs3413; 06-04-2018 at 11:19 AM.
sljs3413 is offline   Reply With Quote