Thread: Targa storage
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013   #11
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: Targa storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
There's another story ... for one reason or another, more & more people have decided that my appearance resembles the actor R. Lee Ermey, a former marine who became famous for his role in Full Metal Jacket and now does various TV commercials. Anyway, several of the registry members started calling me Gunny and it stuck; besides, I don't think any of my Corvette friends have ever heard me play the tuba, even though I just performed 2 concerts last week. Ah, well ...
George,

That is a funny story and coincidence, but you do resemble that actor and I also see him showing military weapons too on one of the channels (I forget what it is called). I don't want to take over the thread with our stories so I'll keep it short and catch up with you on PM or email. I do remember hearing you mention a few things and best wishes for mom and that is awesome....94. You are living the American Dream for sure and I admire it. Well, long story and things keep changing with sequestration and furlough coming too. I was supposed to be promoted and move to Hawaii, but the position is now being deleted and if I get this job I applied for here, I will be extending a few years, if not I will be going back to Hawaii next March. Thanks for the update and take care. Best wishes, Craig
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote