View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014   #10
secondchance

Default Re: Jack... in spare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvie View Post
I bought new and got all the doc packages black leather case vcr tapes service manuals (all 3 parts) GM parts manual complete and spare tire tools given to me by the service manager. Still have them all.

The country was in a recession. All GM dealers were not used to dealing with a buyer that spent big $$ so they had various managers deal with us.

They gave us just about anything we wanted or needed pertaining to the cars to make that 80K sale. Most would even deliver in an enclosed truck right to your garage (for those who were using them as their retirement account).

One dealer guaranteed the cars would appreciate and signed papers letting the owner trade it for any car they could order form Chevy, 25 years later, even up.... he went brankrupt....The other large dealer around here were matching Lowes offer, Lustine also is gone now...

Later into 92 early 93 they were discounting them big time to move them. A big reason was that the dealers could not trade the cars inbetween dealerships or they would not get any future LT5s.
Harvie,

Dealers were giving healthy discount as early as October 1991. I bought my first Z from Sport Chevrolet in Silver Spring in late October 1991. LT1 Vettes were rolling in and they had a red/black Z dieing to get rid of. I got $18,000 discount and took the delivery the same day. Tire jack was on top of the spare in a plastic bag held on to the spare with the spring as is pictured below. Tire back was also in the same location.
I got the pizza box with a leather attache folder (brief case?) with my VIN and name engraved on it. Also, got a letter signed by Chevrolet brass. This package was delivered by USPS or FedEX (can't remember) about 2-3 weeks after the purchase and was totally unexpected. I had kept the original purchase contract but lost it somewhere over the years.
secondchance is online now   Reply With Quote