View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022   #4
Matt B

Default Re: Heater core recommendation needed + another HVAC issue

Thanks for sharing this! The guide looks very helpful and thoroughly made!
I'll also check Ebay though it's not as easy for me to deal with as many sellers don't ship to Europe or at least charge a fortune for it. Rockauto doesn't...

2 more questions: is an aluminum core to be preferred over a brass version? In my understanding aluminium is first and foremost a CHEAP solution. But is also a GOOD (in terms of fit and durability) solution?
I remember from replacing my Lincoln Mark III heater core that the replacement part (aluminum, too) was about 1/2 inch thinner the the original and doesn't properly seal against the walls of the housing. I had to add a lot of alien material and also do some modifications to the housing to ensure proper fit and air blending.

Second, when reading your guide - is it really that much easier than just pulling the dash? I removed my CDM twice and I know that even with all the skills gathered during the first attempt working down there is a PITA due to the absolute lack of space.
Due to the total lack of personal experience: is this really a shortcut that saves significant working time (which is not paid off with bleeding hands and a mental breakdown )?
ZR-1 #638/1991

Last edited by Matt B; 08-17-2022 at 02:23 AM.
Matt B is offline   Reply With Quote