Thread: Engine Ticking
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015   #43
XfireZ51

Default Re: Engine Ticking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmod81 View Post
Looks like I have spoken too soon about it running great.

Symptoms (other than the slightly high idle that will go back down after a small tap on the throttle):

Miss every few seconds at idle (rpms will drop about 20 on tech 1)
Every once in a while it will stumble and almost die at idle
After coasting, when I get back on the gas, it will stumble and buck until it clear out and runs normally again
Smooth operation in normal driving and heavy throttle

KOEO pressure is 0 psi, slightly over 40 at idle
Both pumps run when tested
Car starts normally

It looks like the book points me to the hoses in the tank (entire new pump assembly was installed in April 2013) or the fuel filter (new installed April 2013), but I wonder if I might have a bad injector (s) too? They're accells that were installed at the same time as my failed coil (Sometime in late 2008 I believe)
OK. So you had the top end ported. Do you have a scantool? What are your IAC counts? At idle, what is the TPS V?
Whenever you change the airflow in the motor, the Min Air throttle opening needs to be re-set which in turn affects the TPS voltage. And if the TPS volts are not below .59v at idle, the ECM does not invoke the Idle routine which includes timing. Or it could be on the edge of in/out idle. If its dying at idle, the IAC may not be able to keep it alive if throttle isn't open enough.
The basic settings on the motor need to be within spec before anything else.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote