View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014   #1
5ABI VT

Default Photo of Vacum lines After removing secondaries 1994 !!

I have to admit this part of the job when pulling the plenum nearly scared me to death. It was a total maze of hoses and it was a contributing factor in me going so slow for sure just because it was a little disheartening thinking about trying to put it all back together

I asked several people and thanks to everyone for the input. I just wanted to share a photo and ask if this looks right? and leave it here for anyone looking to do the removal in the future to know how simple it really is (assuming its right )

ANyhow, about to put the fuel rails/injectors on tonight and the plenum too. I did do a little rerouting (my secrets out ) that I had intended for a while but I still plan to do a lot of rerouting of vaccum lines etc underhood to get the engine bay looking the way I want. Of course the triple catch can setup wont be easy to hide but I have a few ideas.

SO for the photo.. I tried highlighting all the remaining stuff under the plenum. This is majorly simple now in my mind (as most things after doing it once its all downhill from there) I noticed a few 90 degree bends had cracks and I swapped from some of the removed lines and then on most connections used some adhesive backed shrink wrap with the thought that if there was any vaccum leak the adhesive would fill any cracks etc.

Look right to you guys? Definitely simplifies things under the plenum ! I kept looking for photos thinking there was more
5ABI VT is offline   Reply With Quote