View Single Post
Old 03-05-2024   #15
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: Heater hose return fitting replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1991 Corvette ZR-1 View Post
Well, team I have resolved the heater hose fitting issue. A 1/2-14 NPT tap finished off the material left stuck on the threads. So that problem is out of the way. One more problem has cropped up now and that is the fitting of the fan shroud to the Dewitts single row. Even the single row is a little beefier than the stock unit. The fan shroud fits inside the driver side against the end tank without too much issue. The passenger side is way off and may need some trimming. Wondering if others had to do this that went Dewitts.

If I do not do this, there is a noticeable gap from what I can see. Wondering if others had to trim the shroud. Pic attached.
Glad to hear you made good progress with the hose fitting. You should have received an install kit so to speak with instructions with the radiator. They come with foam, spacer, and hardware. It is plug n play and a very nice fit and seal.

Having said that, last year I upgraded to spal fans, but I bought the whole Dewitt?s unit with housing to replace stock system as plug n play also. I?m not one to reengineer and like to keep it clean and simple. The spacers were able to be removed and not needed and the Dewitt?s housing for fans are real nice how it seals to the radiator and shroud. I removed the accumulator bracket that try to mod it to fit and held in place by other straps. Love it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0649.jpg (145.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0652.jpg (177.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7322.jpg (88.7 KB, 11 views)
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote