Thread: exhaust
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014   #75
Schrade

Default Re: exhaust

Ok - this went right over my head before here (as does lots of stuff, but we won't go there too much...

But let's see if I got this right - if I open ONE side of my PE's, and leave closed the OTHER side, then I can reduce resonance???

THAT I CAN see, and with an X section near the front, I'm not creating an IMbalance in exhaust flow, between L + R banks???????????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
If you don't care about drone, then find some PE's, like I got from Jeff. The SPL, in dB's, HAS TO be 3 figure range. Ironically, it doesn't seem very loud at all, listening as my neighbor drove off around the block, after the last bolts were tight. I think Jeff might still have the link posted to the boards here... (in a moment here)
Jeff does still have his video on 'Public' setting here...

I'd have guessed, NOT from experience, that this hardware has more drone than any other aftermarket pipes. And now it seems that Bob WT has qualified that guess.

If mine wasn't running so much cooler, I think I'd have been looking for different hardware.

edit:

And I think mike100 said that drone could probably be reduced with a single outlet open, as opposed to both outlets, each side.

I can't see that reducing drone, but he knows more than me, so I won't argue.
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 09-02-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote