Thread: Gathering 2022
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2022   #48
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Re: Gathering 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
Many thanks to those that organized it all. I missed some of the scheduled events unfortunately because I was hanging with friends and fixing cars.
Yeah, whata bummer: Hangin' out with friends, fixin' cars, having some laughs and memories, fine eatin' and brewski's n BS for 3 whole days n nights! Oh! Did I miss something???

It was one of the best gatherings - far as reacquainted w/ old friends and meeting new ones. We even saw ppl from Oregon and Canada and Germany!

My personal favorite activity was the track day. I learned a lot (more) far as what my Z and the tires (especially) could tolerate! One thing 4 sure...dem drag radials ain't no fun when it is raining (on the track especially!) After going maybe half of full-out on the curves and 'hair-pins' and breaking hard enough to trigger the ABS, one can really appreciate the engineering of our cars a LOT MORE than (I'd guess) 90%(?) of most Corvette owners ever appreciate. And, watching the C7 and C8s (lead cars, pro driven) run the route like they were immune to drifting - "like they were on rails" is the popular term.

Anywayz...it was a blast. Wish some of the rest of yaz coulda made it too!

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote