View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017   #27
Roadster

Default Re: TB removal and then some!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post

I would consider Carter's Billet Clips and Billet TB Cover.......

Already have on the cover, will check out the clips....

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
I would consider doing a bypass of the throttle body coolant.
Don't know if I trust myself to do the throttle body coolant
bypass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
I would consider..........Oh........the list is too long for this post

Tom already suggested "and then some"
Cliff,
You may as well post the long list, as I will probably take the Z out of service for awhile. After speaking to another member for a length of time, I am finding out that the primary blade is not to be completely closed and is supposed to be opened slightly. So it looks like that is not the source for my idle issue. So what I thought was to be was and is not!!!
Their feeling is that there is a slight vacuum leak that happens when the engine warms up. Could be a number of items. So I think I may take the Z out of service and do a plenum pull. I have to start from the beginning and go through everything to find the issue. As was pointed out, the min/air adjustment may not fix the idle issue. Feeling was the idle air stop was not touched and you didn't have the idle problem in the past, so the theory again turns to a vacuum leaks as others have pointed out. And the fact that the test Yun and others suggested to me about blocking the TB and the results being that the idle came down from being high to "normal" but did not kill the engine. And as Yun and others have said in the past, this leans towards vacuum. The other member also agrees with this theory.
And once again I appreciate everyone's input and welcome additional thoughts on the issue.
So I imagine the best way to do this is start at the pull and go from there.
To be continued........lol

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member

Last edited by Roadster; 05-01-2017 at 11:23 PM.
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote