View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014   #4
Bob Eyres

Default Re: Refinishing Leather Seats

My seats are in pretty good shape, considering that the car is twenty years old with over 60K miles.
Once a year I use the Lexol conditioner. I wipe down the seats with a damp cloth, then drown them in conditioner. I mean really slather it on. Rub it in, then put on some more. Let soak in, then come back the next day to wipe the excess off.
This allows the leather to soak up as much conditioner as possible to stay pliable.
That bolster gets beat up and abraded because guys use it to lean on when entering or exiting the car.
Instead I put my right hand on the upper part of the center of the seat, then the right foot goes into the footwell, left hand onto the steering wheel, (Just to steady yourself, don't rest your weight on the wheel or it will eventually degrade the gears in the tilt mechanism..don't ask how I know ) Then as the left foot slides into the footwell, your right hand slides down the seat, and your in.

Even if that leather dye does not match perfectly, you could give all of both seats a dose to even it all out.
Bob Eyres is offline   Reply With Quote