View Single Post
Old 02-26-2024   #9
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: Heater hose return fitting replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1991 Corvette ZR-1 View Post
Hi, Craig! Oh yes, I already have the new and improved part on standby. Sure enough in Jerry?s description he mentions the factory nipple pot metal makeup and I just found that out. This stuff looks nasty inside as well. If anyone checking this thread has the factory piece in place and it starts leaking, be prepared for this same scenario if it needs to come off.

Now a major concern I have is the reservoir hose needs to come off the housing for me to turn this into a bench job. The main issue with that is I have no idea what that repro part is for that retainer holding that hose on. And if it is anything like the heater hose retainer after 30 plus years, it is coming off in pieces just like this one did. Not a fan of these type of connectors.
That good to hear. Sorry, yeah I guess it?s not that easy and probably why I didn?t replace that nipple that I have on the shelf when I did my thermostat. I should have just done it then a preventative measure and only a matter of time. I hope you can resolve this with some input from others here. Best wishes.
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote