View Single Post
Old 10-11-2022   #7
Matt B

Default Re: Hello from Germany and a request for your opinions on a ZR-1

I know this car, I mean not physically but from the ads. I'm near Munich.

Definitely keep your hands off this example. It's a heavily abused and molested car that obviously went through hands that gave a s**t on what it is.

Considering the visible grade of maintenance, care and love that has been given to that car ... says it all.

For a great ZR-1 (serious and honest grade 2 in "our" logic) you have to consider around $ 30-35k US plus shipping, customs, taxes, modifications, T?V, registration, etc. Considering our worthless currency you know where this goes...

Good driver condition starts lower, around 20k.

Ignore what our magazines say. It's totally unrealistic to buy a great and well maintained grade 2 car over here significantly below 40k EUR. Mine was examined in an Ausfuehrliches Oltimer Wertgutachten to be around 47k. It's a one owner, 20kmls grade 1- car. This was 1 1/2 years ago.

However, that piece of junk is not worth a dime as everything you will need to restore it to a nice condition has to be bought from the US and paid with worthless Euros...

Times for buying US cars over here are getting harder and harder.
My suggestion: there will be s**tloads of bankruptcies in the next months. For sure there will be some nice Corvettes, too, that have to be sold quickly to recover cash an pay debts.
Sit and wait, there will be good chances.
ZR-1 #638/1991
Matt B is offline   Reply With Quote