View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022   #1
urock

Default Hello from Germany and a request for your opinions on a ZR-1

Hello everyone,

I'm from Germany and unfortunately I'm not yet an owner of a Corvette.
For quite some time now I'm on the lookout for 1996 C4 LT4, but those are quite rare around here.But recently I stumbled upon a ZR-1 in Austria, not very far away from me, which aroused my interest and a few days ago I could take a closer look at the car.
Since the car isn't in the best condition and I have no previous experience with C4s or ZR-1s I hope, that some of you could give me your opinion on the car and what you think it would be worth.

It is a 1990 ZR-1, that was first registered in Switzerland. In the ad the milage was declared with 110000 km but, but actually its over 110000 miles, not kilometers, so thats over 60% more than advertised.

The seller is a small used car dealer in Austria. He said, that the car had probably two previous owners in Switzerland but could provide almost no papers, that document the history of the car. He has also no maintenance records.

In the mid 90s the body of the car was modified by a swiss company called Nyffenegger. It got a bodykit with a front and rear bumper, side skirts, rear spoiler, the hood got fake louvers over the wheel housings and the crease along the middle of the hood was filled.
The car was also repainted with a Honda color called "Black Currant Pearl". The orignial color was black.

The car has a Corsa exhaust, Bilstein shockabsorbers and Sparco seats.
There is no paperwork for those modifications or the changes to the body, which could be a problem for the registration in Germany.

urock is offline   Reply With Quote