Thread: Targa storage
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013   #8
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: Targa storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
interesting video ... googled the company and can't see where the product is still available.

One of my summer projects is updating/restoring my garage ... 3 bays with 18' ceilings. I intend to add blown in cellulose insulation in all the walls (replacing the old paneling with something better/thicker) and the ceiling, epoxy coating the floors, and add a ductless HVAC for year round comfort. If I don't run out of funds, I'll order a 4 post lift too.

Several years ago I bought the targa storage fittings that are inside the C4 ... in theory it should work to mount these fittings on one of the garage walls so that I can slip the spare top into the fittings, same as I would be storing it in the back of the Z. I think (hope) this will work since it will be a relatively inexpensive solution ... the 3 fittings cost less than $20 total. So we'll see if this ends up being a good deal ... or not !!!
Hey George,

I just noticed "Gunny" instead of "Tuband". Sounds like some great garage upgrade project you have there. One regret I have is never making it to your home when I lived in Augusta and you sure do have a nice property.

That is an awesome idea and let us know how that works out with the mounts from the car. I have that slide brace thing in mine that make it easy to put the top in the car, but I guess that would not help in a vertical application. I think you have a great, inexpensive solution there. Take care and please say hello to the missus.

Craig
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote