View Single Post
Old 11-19-2023   #13
zyal8r

Default Re: New replacement windshields

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufcar View Post
zyal8r I did the same in fact I'm supposed to be at the store now fri 8am when they know that don't even have the glass in stock? I believe their automatic system is not connected to their actual store system. I do have the mangers number and will be calling him sometime this am.
I called and my Safelite even called the national offices and not a single person knows anything about any special glass being made so I am at a total loss. All that is available is the standard solar glass with just the vin cut out. Its getting hard to even see much so I may just go with that. Jim
I've considered it, but the tinted windshield is one of the quirks I love about the ZR-1. I want mine to be correct if at all possible. I have waited the two years I've owned the car (bought it like this). Mine's so bad I hesitate to drive it far. Sad for a car with only 5900 miles. This one is just completely bad. I can wait a little longer, but not another year. My other idea is a normal C4 windshield with tint to look like the correct one. Trying to be patient, but it's pretty difficult, I wish someone could give us a date.

Mike
1995 ZR-1 #004 - Yellow/Black
1996 LT4 #3828 - Yellow/Beige/LT4/Z51 - 1 of 4
zyal8r is offline   Reply With Quote